$289
$139
La Brezza Suite & Hotel(Akyarlar)(Great Value!)
$102
$33
Kefaluka Resort(Akyarlar)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsboutique stylelovely poolfive minute walkturkish breakfastbodrum areaplenty of sunbedsturgutreisseaminibus
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Visited Turkey for the first time with my grandchildren and stayed at Sunny Gardens. After I had booked the holiday I decided to look to see what the reviews were on TripAdvisor and I was very concerned about some of the things that had been said about the hotel, the staff and quality of service. However my experience was a good one. The hotel is about 45 minutes away from the main tourist area of Bodrum but that suited us fine because it was a lot more peaceful and relaxing. The rooms were basic but clean, towels were changed every day and the staff was friendly and helpful. The beach is about a ten minute walk away from the hotel but it was kind of busy so we didn't use it. A bus service runs close by to the main tourist areas of Bodrum and Turgutries so we often traveled down to the latter to have lunch and shop. One suggestion if you want to go on excursions travel into Bodrum and find an agency doing such trips as they are a whole lot cheaper than the reps who come to the hotel. All round we had a lovely time and was very happy that we stayed at this hotel. Would I return there? I most certainly would.

1  Thank Errol B
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband, me and two teenage boys stayed here in August 2012. What a lovely surprise it was to find this hotel. The rooms are basic but spotlessly clean, it has air conditioning at a small charge but it was certainly worth it. The boys had a bed each which is always a relief as usually they have to share a tiny sofa bed. There was not loads for the boys to do but it did have free wifi so that kept them amused. The swimming pool area again is spotlessly clean with sunbeds all around and not one fight for one or towels put on to reserve them, there is also a bar by the swimming pool.

The staff are so friendly and helpful and the manager Adviye is wonderful. Adviye could not do enough to help from arranging taxis to allowing us to stay in the room until we left late afternoon and not charging us a penny so a very lovely lady bending over backwards to help make your stay comfortable.

The beach is a 10 minute walk straight down if you walk very slowly, it is a very traditional Turkish beach with quite a few bars and restaurants again it is lovely but if you are looking for English breakfasts and bars with loud banging must you will be disappointed this may not be for you. There is a supermarket literally a 2 minute walk away which has everything you could want.

The food on half board was fabulous, freshly cooked and hot I really cannot see how you can complain especially for the price you pay. Yes there are stairs up to the hotel but the lovely friendly staff come down the stairs and take your luggage to the top and then back down again when you leave. I can honestly recommend this hotel to everyone I felt it was worth every single penny.

One word of warning we got a resorthoppa bus to the hotel and the next day the rep for them tried to tell us that to go 40 minutes up the road it would cost between 175-300 Turkish Lira for a taxi, he did try and pressurise us saying there were not alot of taxis about, but we asked Adviye and she ordered us a taxi and it cost 40 Turkish Lira.

Go you will have a lovely time.

Room Tip: Ask to be near the pool it is quiet and lovely and cool.
1  Thank KFP_12
Reviewed August 27, 2012

A friend and me stayed at Sunny Garden for 1 week in August 2012. We had a lovely time there and were very happy that we picked this one. The area is peaceful and surrounded by houses not hotels, which we liked, because we were mainly surrounded by Turkish people and very few tourists.

The beach was small, but very clean and we always got a sun chair. The water is crystal-clear and gave us a nice break from the heat. Many children were there and at the hotel, but we never felt disturbed by them.

There is a supermarket right outside the hotel which provides almost everything you need.
The food at Sunny Garden was Turkish. They offered many fresh vegetables and fruits for all meals. For dinner they always had something else too e.g. French fries, chicken etc.

The rooms were fresh and tidy at the beginning but the everyday-room-service was not best. Sometimes they didn’t change towels or forgot to empty the trash. But we felt still relaxed and well at Sunny Garden.

The owner asked how we felt every dinner. She was uncomplicated with organizing day trips or taxi transport to/from the Airport. She helped us very fast and she spoke really good English. We would recommend spending 50 Euro one way (2 persons) for the Taxi from/to Airport, because it was very smooth and easy.

To sum it up:
The week was awesome. We got what we paid for. A small, familial hotel with local food, a pool, a beach close by and helpful and nice staff.
I would recommend going there if you are a person that seeks a peaceful stay at a not perfect but very lovely hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here from 12th until 19th of August, and it was truly great. Me and my friend travelled alone, and to be honest I was a bit unsure of going to Turkey as two young women by ourselves, but I've never ever felt more safe on a journey. The hotel is located between two tourist citys (Bodrum and Turgutreis) and if you're looking for a place outside a city, this is perfect! It doesn't take very long to get into the citys by local bus in the evenings to enjoy shopping streets, restaurants, nightlife etc and costs about 1,5 euro one way.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, they did all they could to make our stay the best possible! They deserve a golden star for their effort. We had both a bedroom and a livingroom and felt very comfortable there. One of the sofas was a bit broken, the cleaning of the room wasn't excellent but still okay and it didn't really bother us. The floor is a tile floor, which was great (I expected carpet as in many other hotels, which usually gets really bad after sandy, wet feet) so this was a great surprise!

There are a lot of stairs, since it's located on a hillside, which made the place look really nice with the houses on different hight (but I could imagine it's not the best if you have a problem with balance or maybe for small children, although there were many families with kids that seemed to manage very wel!). The beach is a few minutes walk from the hotel, with sandy beach, super clear water (salty-of course!) very little waves and a bit chilly now and then (the sea) - which was most of the time great since the air and sun is crazy warm! The hotel is co-operating with one of the beaches so you get to use their sun beds for free, really comfortable. You have to buy water and drinks from them though, but I didn't take that as a problem.

I loved the food. So if you love fresh vegetables and fruits, this is the place for you! The salad buffet was great, with different things each evening (and some that was the same). Each evening they also served soop, and some kind of main course like fish, chicken or meat with rice, pasta or french fries to go with that. Also dessert, and coffee/tea. The breakfast had a variaty of cereals, olives, cheese, meat and then some bread, fruit (often watermelon!) and youghurt. This was all included in our half board stay. Water and drinks to the dinner was extra, also air condition (think it was 5 pounds a night) for the room and safety box was to be payed extra. But we managed well without air condition, having the door open and fall alseep to the sounds outside was not a problem. It was mostly turkish guests, some italians, a few british people and then us (a swedish and a german). It was also a mix of age. Some families with children, some older couples, some young couples. It was just a great mix!

One day we did a tourist trip to the ancient city of Efesos - really hot (like 40 celsius degrees) but well worth it. Nice to have been there! I can recommend it if you're intrested in history (or like me, wanted to read the Ephesians in Efesos).

All in all, I had a wonderful week! It's a small place and a calm area, not too much tourists or flirty uncomfortable guys like in many tourist places. It's a 3 star hotel, and that's what I would call it as well. With 5 star staff!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ninja W
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed here last week and was very happy overall. We arrived late as our flight was delayed but even though the kitchen was closed they rustled us up a great meal with side salad and loads of bread - we were expecting to go to bed hungry. Rooms were clean and tidy and of a good size. All staff were very helpful and when we had a problem with the air con were moved to a larger room the next morning with no fuss whatsoever. When the time came for us to leave they even booked our transfers for us without us having to mess around doing it ourselves. Pool was of a good size with plenty of loungers for guests. If you fancy some peace and quiet then this could well be the place for you.

2  Thank ElmParkJedi