“Absolutely amazing- ignore negative reviews!”
Review of Bendis Beach Hotel

Bendis Beach Hotel
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Akyarlar
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My boyfriend and i have just returned from our 2 week stay at the Bendis beach hotel, needless to say that it was absolutely perfect from start until finish. The hotel itself is very modern and well maintained and the rooms are a good size with a balcony to sit on or use to dry towels/swimwear. We found the staff to be friendly and always keen to help if you were willing to be patient to ensure they understood as some find English difficult. There is a variety of food served for every meal and there is always large amounts of everything which ensures that if you arrive later to a meal slot then there is still plenty left for you to enjoy. The waiters work extremely hard and we found them all to be very friendly and willing to have a laugh with you. Special recognition to Kenan (waiter) who went above and beyond to ensure that we had a fantastic holiday and was always very helpful and friendly at meal times and if you saw him around the complex.

We were approached by the complex photographers, Figo and Fero who offered us a no obligation photoshoot which we gladly accepted. The shoot was great fun and produced some stunning pictures that we couldnt help but buy. Definitely take some extra cash to buy the pictures as they are amazing photographers as well as being fun to be around in the complex as they join in with any organised games or social events.

The entertainment was okay but as we were there for 2 weeks and the entertainment team work on a 1 week schedule, it meant that the shows were repeated so we only went to the evenings shows the first time around however like all the other staff at the hotel, the team were friendly and always happy to talk to you. Some reviews mention that the location of the hotel isnt brilliant however this didnt cause us a problem because its very easy and cheap to get on a bus (which will pick you up from outside of the hotel) to go into the local town or further afield to Bodrum. I would advise you to seriously consider some of the excursions that are on offer as they really help to make your holiday memorable especially the trip to Kos or Scuba diving. The market is also a great place to go on a saturday morning (don't book with the holiday company as they charge £7 each for a lift to the local town, you can hop on a bus for a lot less and then you can spend the amount of time that you decide instead of being restricted by pick up times from a scheduled bus). Also be prepared to haggle with the store owners as they often start off with a very high price and often you can reduce it substantially and get some great bargins!

Overall we couldnt have asked for more from the hotel and we were gutted to leave and will definitey be returning at some point soon!

4  Thank firefly1112

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have just returned from Turkey where the Bendis Hotel was meant to be our hotel for the week. We arrived at 23.30, checked in and was shown to our room. I took one look in the bathroom and saw how dirty it was. The sink and taps were covered in dry soap, the bath was the same but with added pubic hair. I lifted the toilet seat lid to find urine on the seat and some more pubic hair!! After seeing this we checked the bedding which had stains on, and more hair, but luckily not pubic this time. The curtains looked more like an afterthought, maybe some left over table cloths that they didnt know what to do with, which also had stains on. We went to reception to complain and they sent a bloke with a mop and bucket, who went into the bathroom, wet his hands with the tap water, and rubbed the taps and sink with his hands. He then got some toilet roll and wiped the toilet and sink with this, turned to us, said "OK" but before he could go we asked for 2 clean sheets, and made the bed ourselves. In the morning we went for breakfast, what a joke, ok if you like boiled eggs, and not much else, the only tea bags were parsley or sage. After this we knew we could not stay at this rat hole any longer. Rang Thomson helpline, who were very helpful, listened to our problem and rang us back to tell us she had spoke to the manager who said we had not told them of any problems. The thomson helpline rep arranged a transfer to another hotel. Within 2 hours of the initial call we were out of there. Whilst leaving i spoke to the manager (or tried to) but all he said to me was to get out, which i did, very rude man and a liar.

2  Thank julie l
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed for one week with my girlfriend 13th to 20th Sept

Rooms: The room we had was a good size, with a small balcony. The A/C worked well once we had figured out how to use it properly (press mode and make sure there is a snowflake on the remote control). The bathrooms are a good size and the shower worked well. The bed was quite firm, I do prefer a firm mattress so that was fine. The only small niggle was that the housekeeping did seem to be a bit haphazard. We ran out of toilet paper at one point and when I went to reception to get some more toilet paper I also highlighted that the room was not as clean as it should be. They dealt with this very quickly and for the rest of the stay the room was cleaned properly.

Food: The food was excellent. There was a wide variety of different food available. A huge amount of salad and various hot Turkish options. If you are part of the fish and chips brigade this may not suit you. People did tend to reserve tables by putting hats etc on them and I hope the management will do something about this. We did always find a table, but on a couple of occasions it was a little bit of a pain. I would recommend going to dinner around 8.30 once the initial rush has died down. There is plenty of food so you will not miss out on anything. The desserts were pretty good too :)

Bar: The drinks were good. Efe's is not a bad pint but I did have to try quite a few of them to make sure ;) Soft drinks were fine as was the vodka and gin. The bar staff were quite quick to serve you, though some of our European friends do not have the concept of queuing/waiting to be served. My only small niggle would be good if the bar staff smiled a bit more !
Pool: We spent the first couple of days by the pool, there were plenty of sunbeds, perhaps too many as they were all pushed very close together. They all have mattresses. The pool was clean and in the afternoon there were some very competitive water polo matches organised by the entertainment team.

Beach: The beach was really nice, plenty of sunbeds with mattresses and a small bar serving a limited (but very handy) variety of soft drinks. If you like snorkelling there isn't much to see except if you go up towards the headland where the lighthouse is and there are some rocks etc there.

Entertainment: The entertainment team did lots of different things. We did go to the Turkish night which was very enjoyable.

We had some photos done and the photographer was nice and we had some great pictures. The Turkish bath and massage is an absolute must, it was brilliant and works out less than £30.

A trip to Tugutreis and the markets is well worth it, the sellers can be pushy, but a firm "no" will do the trick. Definitely some bargains to be had, but do haggle !

This was our first time to Turkey and we absolutely loved it. Our stay at the Bendis Beach was memorable and enjoyable !

7  Thank Matt_H_Sep2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

just arrived home from bendis beach arrived early morning shown to our room which had not been cleaned,there was no top sheet on our beds and no towels in the bathroom,somebody from a room above my friends threw up over there balcony and landed in hers after reporting the incident it took someone from housekeeping 4+ hours to clean it up this is not acceptable the matresses on sunloungers were filthy not to my standard i have been to turkey four times now and this is the worst hotel i have stayed in for cleanliness i am not a drinker but my friends are and booked allinclusive for this reason but if u wanted cocktails you had to pay never had this problem in any other hotel we have stayed in if you like to walk or want to get out of the hotel you need to get a bus there is nothing in the imediate area the food very repetative and some of the meat dishes seemed to reappear the next day reinvented in a sauce like one reviewer said there is no waiter service unless you own or manage in the hotel, The head of the animation team was excellent and that im afraid is the only positive thing i have to say about this hotel dont be fooled by the pictures i think they were taken when the hotel first opened,not impressed my advise go to the dalaman side of turkey much nicer in icmeler or olu deniz and more to do without taking a 30min or a 60min bus ride wont be going back to the hotel or area.

Room Tip: the rooms on main walkway not good had to keep curtains drawn so people could not see in
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Terri C
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Wonderful vacation at the Bendis Beach!
Everything at a high level. Food, service and animators to world championship :) I would recommend this hotel to anyone! I will definitely be going back for more :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Sylwia M
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have not long returned from a week long stay at Bendis Beach.

We arrived on a late flight from Glasgow at 2am and we were shown to our room which had a double bed, 2 singles, tv, air con and balcony. The room was big with lots of storage and walking space. Although in the morning I noticed that the bathroom was a bit unclean and we had no loo roll for 2 days! We didn't have our room cleaned as much as it could have been, I wasn't picky about our bed being made up or fresh towels every day, but the floors & bathroom could have been cleaned more reguarly.

The hotel is lovely, the outside, reception, gardens, and restaurant are beautiful, especially at night when it’s all lighten up.

The restaurant staff are polite and quick to clear up, whilst the chefs serving at the ‘snack bar’ and friendly. We found that going for dinner about 8.15pm worked well, most people had eaten by then and the queues were down. For the amount of people around, a bit more space for food would be good. Bar staff again were polite, not many spoke to us, and one in particular would walk away from the bar whenever my boyfriend went up to order, bit odd. There is no table service at this hotel which I have had at previous hotels in Turkey during dinner and at the evening entertainment. You get a card to pick up 'beach towels' each day from the security hut next to the bar. The pool is a great size, lots of sunbeds, and also plenty sunbeds down at the beach too, with a small bar with water & soft drinks, still inlcuded in your all inclusive.

The food was decent, after a week breakfast became very ‘samey’. For lunch and dinner there was vast amounts of salad & sides, cold meats, cheese, pastas, hot meats in a sauce/gravy, and also 2pm – 4pm there is burgers and chips. And the filled bread at lunch & dinner was amazing. Anyone who complains about the food in crazy.

You don’t get premium branded spirits or cocktails in your all inclusive package, but you can buy these. The local spirits are fine but served in large measures, and the beer served is Efes.

We didn’t stay about for the entertainment in the evenings, so I can’t comment, we heard good things but it wasn’t really for us. We took a boat trip through the rep at the hotel, and also booked in for a Turkish bath, body scrub, face mask and massage. This was brilliant. Both my boyfriend and I fell asleep after our massages for about 20 minutes, very relaxing and sets your skin up great for tanning. The other hotel facility we made use of was the onsite photographers, the photos are fantastic and a great memento, this was our first trip away so for us it was a nice thing to take home, I’d suggest this for families more than couples.

We took 3 trips into Turgutreis by bus, the bus stops right opposite the hotels gates and cost a couple of lira each, it took about 15 minutes to get into Turgutreis and the bus stops at the bus station. Here we took a trip about the streets, most shop owners were nice enough to let you go on your way if you weren’t interested. We took in a few beers at Uncles (and the returned for dinner the next night) and also Paddys Irish Bar, where we ended up a few times. The staff there were fab and Uncles arranged a free pick up for us from our hotel when we called to book a table.

On the Saturday we went to Turgutreis market, again most sellers were nice enough to let you go on your way. One guy was horrible, if I had encountered him on my first trip I would not have gone back, he took money off my boyfriend and tried to march him to a cash machine to pay for a bag I was looking at, even though we told him over & over we were shopping for gifts and not ourselves at that point, eventually he gave the money back but it was the worst experience of the whole holiday.

We arranged Scuba Diving for my boyfriend through Thomson’s, it was a great trip and although we could have gotten it cheaper through the ‘boat guy’ and the hotel, we felt as this was something potentially dangerous going through Thomson’s was a better option. I went along on the boat but didn’t scuba, great day out and a great end to a holiday.

On our last day our pick up wasn’t until 9.30pm and checkout is 12pm, we didn’t fancy sitting about for hours so arranged late check out, which is subject to availability and can only be arranged on the morning of check out, so we had our check out extended until 5pm.

All in all, it was a good hotel which I would return to. A few recommendations would be to add some TVs to their room upstairs, especially when there is sporting events on, (rugby and internally football when we were there), this may discourage people from going into town more often. The fitness room was non existent really, I would suggest either improving this or not advertising it at all.

3  Thank Susan M
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just got back from a 2 week holiday at Bendis Beach Hotel and I was very impressed. The staff were great, very friendly and courteous, cannot fault them. The food was in abundance and delicious, lots to choose from. The downside was the housekeeping, the room were not cleaned as often as I'd liked. Figo the photographer was lovely and he is amazing at his job, took some lovely pictures of us. Would definitely recommend going out on the Jerry Boat, just stunning. The best part of the holiday was the entertainment in the evenings, Toto and Kanza together were soooo funny, they made the shows what they were. Toto is a great animator manager, he was so funny even off the stage. He would sit with us for long chats and make us laugh all the time. I recommend you check out his poolside aerobics, fab.x

Room Tip: View of the sea, stunning
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rhonda F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akyarlar
La Brezza Suite & Hotel
#17 of 53 in Turgutreis
Bodrum Imperial
Bodrum Imperial
#3 of 14 in Akyarlar

Been to Bendis Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!