“Worst holiday ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Bizimtepe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Akyarlar
Hotel Bizimtepe
Ranked #1 of 2 Akyarlar B&B and Inns
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Worst holiday ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Poor greeting on arrival, speechless on poor hygiene of room. Lucky, supermarket next door to buy cleaning products. Treated with hostility during our stay. Pool condition poor, dirty sunbeds. Laundry facilities nil.

Room Tip: Ask for a ''clean'' room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank laurakm9

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Bizemtepe is a wonderful hotel for the price that you pay.It is in a beautiful unspoilt area in an uncommercialised place on the bodrum peninsula.I have stayed in this hotel and also around this vicinity experiencing turkish life scholchildren etc. It is only a bus ride away to Bodrum (40 minutes ) The staff and hospitality are lovely. I am an experienced traveller of Turkey and will welcome your questions for whatever you request.Feel free to call me in the UK on 07855 211610 and i will give you info on an area of outstanding beauty.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 802andrew
Harlow, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I first stayed at this hotel in 2008 for 2 weeks then 2009 for 3 weeks....Both times the hotel was great for the cheap clean accomodation and the friendly , helpfull staff..On reading the trip advisor reviews for 2012 i was somewhat horrified at the comments on how bad it was there!
I decided to book 2 weeks ( I CAME BACK ON 18TH JUNE 13)....I was prepared by taking my own sheets ( i did not need to use them as bedding was changed regularly) and i was prepared to pop into the shop by the hotel for cleaning products...( i did not need to do this either as room was spotless!)
I can understand people being wary of going to the hotel on last years reviews BUT! Believe me, things have changed for the better and i can see it continuing...Murat is doing all he can to bring the standards up...I have no hesitation in reccommending the Bizimtepe to my friends and family...I shall return next year...
Everyone one i spoke to that was staying in the hotel said they would return, all different age ranges..Remember! the hotel only works out at just over £5 a day for bed and breakfast (turkish) and the staff do thier upmost to please everyone..
3 min walk to the beautifull beach (also very friendly) short Dolmus ride to either Turgetreis or Bodrum..
Thanks to Murat, Erhan , Ersin and the Mafia man (lol) for making our stay so restfull and pleasant

Jane and Ray
P.S. I have already reccommended to several of my friends/family to go here in September

Room Tip: If you have walking difficulties then ask for a room on lower or middle floor..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jane1105
wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have today ,19.6.13 ,returned from a nine night stay ,at this very friendly,rustic Turkish Hotel .I did stay there last year ,when the overall general standard ,was quite poor ,but now under new management and staff ,including a new chef ,there are noticeable improvements.It is .certainly not luxurious ,but if you want a fun filled ,no frills holiday ,The Bizzie is for you .The pool is a good size ,and very clean ,with plenty of very comfortable sun beds,the Terrace /Dining /Bar ( Libation Area ) is shaded ,and well covered by attentive staff .
The Hotel itself ,is very near to the beach ,and numerous good restaurants ,and the local bus service ,to the larger town of Turgetris is excellent .Before past reviewers ,add their own new comments , let me just say ,that I know and frequently enjoy luxury holidays in Mauritius ,which can become a little stuffy ,so if you want ,a funny ,relaxed no frills holiday ,I recommend The Bizzie ,I will be back,with my Son and daughter - In -law ,in September .

Room Tip: This is not ,a suitable Hotel ,for children ,or the disabled.Recommend ,the first floor hotels , wit...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you're looking for a five star hotel don't book this one..however if youre looking for five star attentive staff and a great time then do.
Don't expect your rooms to be pristine or cleaned every day as they wont be but you only have to ask once for something to be done and the staff will rush to do it
Erhan, now in a new role as customer advisor is back, and his support to the clients is paramount as his command of the English language is perfect. he is now supported by Murat who is the new hotel manager. He has very high standards and is doing his best to improve the standards but so far it is early in the season so still having a few teething problems.
The new chef is very accomplished and we ate either at lunch time or evenings and the majority of the food was very tasty and reasonably priced.
I would urge anyone to give this hotel the benefit of the doubt..and go with an open mind and hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as we did.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say, what a difference, after being here last September when the whole place seemed to be going down hill very rapidly, it has been totally transformed back to the same place as we remember on our first visit here in 2011, everything is clean, the rooms are well presented, they now have plenty of staff and the best of all is that Erhan is back. Admittedly some of the last reviews are not the best, but that's going to change now I'm sure, it's a pleasure to be here, and have such attentive staff who can't do enough for you, probably best to discount the reviews from 2012 and read the ones from 2011, because that's what it's like now.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Johnnycash23
harlow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Where to start.On arrival room wasnt ready for us.When we did get in there it was the most disgusting,smelly and in badly need of repair room i have ever seen.The plugs were hanging off the wall with bare wires.The shower was filthy dirty as was the toilet.When we complained the owner just shrugged his shoulders as if to say " what do you want me to do about it."
We decided to tolerate it as we dont spend alot of time in the room.
We never spent anytime around the pool as it was taken over by aload of geordie regulars who go there year after year.Why,i dont know.
The final straw came when into the first week there was a wedding party on the roof top bar which was about 50 metres from our room.The manager had huge speakers which made our room vibrate.My husband went to complain and said we would be leaving the next day if he didnt turn the music down so we could sleep.By this time it was 4;30 am.He said go if you want to go.Whilst this was going on i was now in the room in tears,stressed and had enough.After the week from hell we left the following morning for an apartment in turgutries.
My advice,avoid this place like the plague!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont book one
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lisa l

Travelers are raving about these Akyarlar hotels