“Disappointed”

Add it.
The Station Bar & Grill
Ranked #27 of 35 Restaurants in Alexandra
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Great o/door bars front & back. Takeaway & dine in.Fab cheap menu selection from seafood to salad's.Kids Menu, Group(private)functions room.Live Music on Sat's.Jukebox,pool tables & friendly helpful staff to pour you a nice cold beer or local wine or a non alcholic beverage :)
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

Was visiting town looking for lunch, ordered chicken snitzel, very expensive, very poor quality, felt like meal had come from a microwave, chef needs cooking lessons from Palmerston cafe tor that meal.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed January 28, 2015

Nice and what an interesting couple run the place. Their stepson (?) makes the wine that they feature. Quite good.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a pub, not a restaurant as in the above picture. So there will more than likely be loud music, people playing pool, drinking and being loud as you would do if you were at a pub.

Between our table we had steak, cream cheese chicken and lamb shanks. All the meals were $25 which I think is reasonable for a good meal. The steak was very small but overall a good meal, the cream cheese chicken was alright, but very quickly became over powering and the lamb shanks were not falling off the bone, they didn't come with mint sauce as stated in the menu, I felt it was really missing something since it was meat, potato gravey and a few peas.

The staff were all friendly. But it was a bit concerning to see guests/friends just walking through the doors to the kitchen.

I think this place could be good place for a pub meal with a few small changes.

1  Thank JessB708
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We chose to have dinner at this restaurant recently, based on an article we read in The News. We were the only customers there, but as it was early, a Tuesday night, and very cold, that was no surprise! We received a warm welcome and obliging service. My husband is a fan of seafood chowder and has eaten it in a number of restaurants and he thought the one he had for an entree at The Rock was okay, not great, but okay. It was served with a generous helping of a delicious cheesy bread. He had steak for his main ($25) and I had the battered blue cod ($30). Both dishes were served with chips and salad. His steak was cooked well and my fish was nice, but I think it was a bit over-priced. I understand blue cod is expensive and no doubt the price of this main changes depending on the market value but for $30 I don't think it was unreasonable to expect a second piece of fish. For dessert I had the apple shortcake and ice cream which was very nice. All the dishes were presented nicely. Our total bill for one juice, one beer, one entree, two mains and one dessert was $85. Obviously the atmosphere was relatively quiet when we were there (except for the radio) but no doubt the place is very different when there are more patrons and people are playing pool, watching sport on the TV, etc. Anyway, I gather this is a reasonably new business so I wish the owners well in their venture.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were walking around Alexandra for a place to eat, it was 1:45pm and we saw this place which offered meals between 12pm and 2pm.

The waitress comes to us and says "want lunch?", we said, "yes please". She went to the kitchen and yelled "can I order lunch for two customers?", and the cook said "naaah", showing no enthusiasm at all. The waitress left saying "no lunch today".

We didn't expect such a wrong welcoming in Alexandra. We ended up eating in a town half an hour away from Alexadra. We'll never try to go back there,

Date of visit: April 2013