“Lovely treat”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Clyde, New Zealand
“Lovely treat”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I treated myself to a flat white after church this Sunday morning. The coffee was really satisfying, as was the pastry I had with it. What a lovely historic atmosphere this place has. It is even lovelier in Summer when you can sit outside in the sun and observe the sparrows eating the crumbs left behind.

• Visited June 2013

Alexandra, New Zealand
“Always a dining pleasure”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Popped into the Courthouse Café for lunch today and enjoyed their delicious kumara and corn chowder - a beautiful, winter-warming soup which came complete with a warmed bread roll and two mouth-watering pieces of pork belly. What a treat! As always the service was friendly and efficient and the atmosphere in this busy and popular eating establishment was humming. Coffee afterwards was great. I would not hesitate to recommend this café to visitors.

“Sadly Poor Service”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Usually great food & good coffee. Today at lunchtime I was really disappointed in the poor service. I would have thought a friendly hello and a smile isn't too much to expect. Whilst busy they weren't run off their feet... shame as I used to recommend this cafe to people visiting the area.

4 Thank AmyScottNZ
“Nice spot”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was a great spot to stop in the afternoon for a hot chocolate - but too much froth and cool. Thought I was transported back to auckland. Quaint place.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Popper B
“Lunch with friends”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I met up with friends from Wanaka and Australia for lunch at The Courthouse in Alex. The café is situated in the historic Alex courthouse building and has a large outdoor lawn with seating and lots of room for kids to run around. We've eaten outdoors there in the summer and it's lovely.

We arrived just before the rush which was lucky considering we didn't know there was going to be a rush. We were there for over an hour and the place was full with a continuous stream of customers. Nearly all the indoor tables were occupied but none of the outdoor setting was used as it was a bit on the fresh side.

We placed our orders and pretty soon our coffees arrived (which were good) and very shortly after our meals were to hand. Everyone enjoyed their lunches; they were well prepared, tasty and of an ample portion size. However we felt for reasonably basic meals the prices were a bit steep. For instance I had mushrooms on toast which was priced at $19.00.

Overall a nice relaxing spot for lunch or just coffee and cake, we'll be back.

2 Thank Pete H