“Good local pub”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Fredericton, Canada
“Good local pub”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had lunch here: beers and burgers, on the outdoor patio. The patio is pleasant, there are a variety of beers on tap, everything arrived promptly, and the burgers were good. We would go again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Kelly M

Melbourne, Australia
“Enjoyable meal”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the seafood chowder and my husband the sausages (locally made) and mash which we both enjoyed very much. Good pub food and a great ambience, we would go there again when travelling in that area.

• Visited October 2012
Central Otago, New Zealand
“Enjoyable Dining”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I dined here with my husband during the week .. and although the restaurant wasn't busy ... the delay with food ordering and delivery was quite slow. The meals themselves were great - generally standard 'pub' type fare - fish and chips, steaks, burgers ... but nothing spectacular. Dessert was a major disappointment (and to be honest I am one of those people who decides on dessert before anything else !!) ... nothing that made me think Oooo I must try that.
I know that this is a pub in a rural-type area ... but I think that those in charge should draw the line at serving patrons in GUMBOOTS !! Not a good look !!

• Visited September 2012
Pukerau, Southland
“Great setting and experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We enjoyed the food and coffee in relaxed surroundings with ample room. Good for friends and families alike.

Visited May 2012
Ponsonby, Auckland
“Overpriced, boring food”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I only ate here because it was the only restaurant open in town in the evening. It was warm , so that was something as it was very cold outside. If you are not into carbs, don't eat here. Most of the menu is hamburgers. I didn't want a steak or fish and chips so instead had a stir fry which cost about $28.50. I could have had a more delicious one for $9 at the foodcourt in Ponsonby.
This place has the monopoly of food in the evenings during winter and yet they just serve unimaginative, expensive fare. If only the Shakey Bridge Cafe was open at night.
I am in Alexandra quite often so next time will check out the various pubs. There must be blue cod somewhere which is not in batter?
The beer was good.

• Visited April 2012
Newbike, Owner at Monteiths Brewery Bar Alexandra, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Clearly whether or not the reviewer liked our stirfry is a matter of personal judgement, however they should have made more effort to get their facts right before making public announcements.

1) There are over 20 items on our menu of which only two are burgers.

2) By my count there are approximately 12 restaurants in Alexandra that are open for evening dining and while I cannot be sure they were all open on the night in question in seems unlikely that they were all closed. To suggest so is to unfair to our community.

3) Our food costings are very carefully worked out and lie within the industry norms.

4) Our menu clearly states that if customers have requirements not met by our menu they can ask for changes. When customers have asked for Blue Cod without batter we oven bake it for them.

Interestingly enough the two biggest sellers on our menu are the Blue cod and the Beef and Bacon Burger