“Wonderful Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virac
Kemji Resort and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 8 Virac B&B and Inns
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Wonderful Place to Stay”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had a good day in this place with my family, they have a very accomodating and very good with regards to their services though with limited personnel that time, nice food served by very cordial people of Catanduanes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 7, 2012

In fairness, the place looks niceluding the overall landscape! It is very close to Virac airport. If u happen to encounter these two guys who own a transport ( a tricycle & a van) that will take you around virac and other tourist spots in Catanduanes, be sure that you agree with the rental . For me, they are a rip off. Anyhow, we let them took us by tric from the airport to Kemji resort. When you pay one of them, the other guy also expects to be paid separately which is ridiculous.
The staff @ Kemji are friendly and accommodating. The room we got was I think one of the costly in the resort. Not sure if it was but it was about 500Php higher than the first choice .We moved from one room to another room. The first was they thought it was vacated already and when we got there, there was a kid sleeping on the bed. So they gave us another room and found out that the window was broken. We then moved to another . You pay the whole day cost even if u just stay for 3 hrs. I think they run a well water because it smells like a well H20. Not all rooms have hot water. The one we got had hot water. If your room is by the pool side, definitely you will smell chlorine and experience high humidity. The bathroom was ok, needs some toilet paper though. The beddings were ok. If you are particularly smooth beddings lover , then they weren't the good ones. Might as well bring your own beddings.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NEr V
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We LOVED the Kemji. Excellent service from very friendly staff.

Very clean rooms. We had a problem with toilet in first room and they immediately moved us to another room. Clean and comfortable beds. They would change linens daily. Good A/C. Each room has a table and chairs outside, overlooking pool. AWESOME POOL!

Great food - we were addicted to the Shanghai Lumpia. Nice atmosphere for dining outside - day or night. Room service. A fridge in some rooms. We would go to the gas station store (next door) to get drinks, snacks, tp and Cup O' Noodles.

About a 2 minute walk to airport, if you don't have much baggage. Minutes from downtown via 8peso tricycle ride.

We were going to move from Hotel to hotel - but once we found this we stayed there. Much better than even Twin Rocks Resort. WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Spencer A
honiton
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I have travelled to various countries around the world on different budgets but would say that you would be hard pushed to find a more friendly group of staff than at the Kemji. We were a diverse group staying there and all our requests were dealt with by the staff with a smile. Although it might not be the poshest hotel in the world it was one of the most welcoming.The proximity to the airport is a big plus as only a small airport there is hardly any traffic but you can walk there in a few mins. The swimming pool is a little small but clean. For the price it is hard to beat.

Room Tip: Ask for air con rooms if you are like us from colder climates and for rooms with a hot shower.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank explorerindevon
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 16, 2011

For the 2nd day itinerary of our Catanduanes travel, I opted to look for a hotel that is near to airport since we need to be early the next day for our flight. We also want a lesser-priced room as we already indulged on our room on the 1st day of our travel (click this link for my review of our 1st day itinerary: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294247-d1594802-r119165441-Angie_s_Bed_Breakfast-Puraran_Catanduanes_Bicol_Region_Luzon.html). Luckily for me, I was able to book an ordinary room at Kemji's 2 months prior to our travel despite of them very difficult to search in the internet. I added Nathaniel Quiñones on Facebook just before he resigned and he helped me with my reservation. I felt relieved but also anxious as they did not ask for reservation fee and we might end up looking for a room in another hotel the next day. By the time we were travelling from Puraran to Virac, I was already asking them if our reservation is still on. It wasn't until I told them my name we still have the room (I used a different number since Sun Cellular's signal weakens as you go farther from Virac). I found the ordinary room neat for its price at 300Php--it already has a TV with cable, fan, shower, and a bed good enough for two people. One major setback though is that it looked like someone just checked-out the room. The bed was cluttered, there was an empty mineral water bottle and used towels in the cabinet. We did not bother calling room service since we were already headed to Luyang Cave and Paquito Farm. Good thing they did not charge us for extra person, plus the use of the pool is already complimentary. They just require swimsuit for those who want to use the pool. No complimentary breakfast was provided but they have a restaurant. What I really liked is its location, very near the airport as we just took a 5-minute walk, saving us a few bucks.

Room Tip: If you have extra budget, go for the aircon room. We opted for the ordinary room since we don't...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank summerslumbers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Virac
Tugawe Cove Resort
Tugawe Cove Resort
#1 of 1 in Caramoan
Catanduanes Midtown Inn
Catanduanes Twinrock Beach Resort
Majestic Puraran Beach Resort
Puraran Surf Beach Resort

Been to Kemji Resort and Restaurant? Share your experiences!