Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Monteverde
from $35.00
from $25.00
from $50.00
More Info
All reviews behind glass chocolate shop dark room small museum guided tour rainy day educational experience different types costa rica monteverde area vino information myths importance creatures ecosystem nectar
Selected filters
Reviewed March 25, 2019

This is a relatively short experience, but definitely worth it if you like bats. There is a small info session, and then you go into a dark room with bats (behind a glass, so they don't fly into your face!). They just hang out, and if you go at the right time, the guide feeds them! Speaking of which, our guide Jocelyn was amazing, she clearly loves bats and has no shortage of useful info about them. I highly recommend the Bat Jungle for people who like these creatures!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 14, 2019

Learned a lot about bats. The attendant made it interesting. After seeing the live exhibit I better recognize some of the bats I saw on night forest walks.

Reviewed March 10, 2019

Learnt a lot about bats from this tour. Expected to see more but the information and demonstrations made up for that. Worth visiting.

Reviewed March 9, 2019

We opted for the cheaper $7 entrance fee and were still provided with a 15 minute intro to the various bats in Costa Rica, their social communities, diet, etc. The people who run it are very passionate on the topic. Once the talk was over we were led into a dark room where we could watch the bats behind glass using flashlights. It was interesting to watch and I got some good slow motion video of a humming bat (like a hummingbird). That said, it's not a big place and all the bats are in one room. I think in total including the intro we were there less than 45 minutes. So I guess it depends how interested you are in bats whether it is worth the entrance fee. I found it interesting to do once and know that some of that money goes to support the bats, but I don't know that I'd pay to go a second time.There just isn't that much to see.

Reviewed March 5, 2019

This was a very educational exhibit with an enthusiastic guide (Josie). I felt bad that the bats have such a limited space, but understand they were rescues mostly. There is an interesting variety and valuable info presented very well by our guide!

Date of experience: March 2019