“Relax in El Sol”
Review of Cabins El Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monteverde
Cabins El Sol
Ranked #10 of 42 Monteverde B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had an action packed Honeymoon to Costa Rica, and our stay at 3 night stay at El Sol was stunning and relaxed. We went on a number of trips arranged by Javier including horse back riding to the waterfall, and day and night hikes and zip lining - these were great and highly recommended. We stayed in a beautiful cabin over looking the mountain view which felt totally secluded, and it was like a home away from home.

The hosts were extremely friendly and helpful and helped make the trip as special as it was.

Thanks El Sol

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah-Lisa K

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Everything about El Sol exudes comfort, peace and relaxation, from the shuttle drivers they recommend (Ernyk) to the trips they suggest. We stayed in the larger cabin with amazing views and took advantage of a few of their many suggestions - The Cloud Forest (Javier is a most knowledgeable guide) and the horseback riding to the hot springs. We ordered dinner one night which was enough to feed us for two!! The nurturing yet not cloying caretaking of every single person we met at El Sol, from Elisabeth, to Javier and his wonderful family, to the groundskeepers couldn't have been more welcome. One of the highest compliments we can pay is that El Sol felt like a home away from home and Javier and his family felt like our own. We'd highly, highly recommend El Sol if you're looking for a "loving embrace" in a very relaxed atmosphere.

Room Tip: There were three of us and we loved the "big cabin." The privacy and views from this cabi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank berruezo
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We loved our stay at El Sol. The cabins were so cozy with incredible views.
The grounds are gorgerous. We had the breakfast and it was so delicious and more than filling.
We travelled with 2 young children (7 and 5) and the set up of the cabin was perfect.
Javier was so very helpful and made fantastic recommendations for activities that were also kid appropriate. This is great place to stay if visiting Monteverde - close but away from the tourist hub. I would highly recommended it. It was my favourite place to stay in all of our travels in Costa Rica

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mere_Ad
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Of all of my travels, El Sol was the most relaxing beautiful place I've ever been. I stayed at El Sol for 4 days in July 2012. Javier and his wife were excellent hosts who even borrowed my son a pair of socks for a horseback ride with the neighbors. The neighbors took my son and I on on a horseback ride down the mountains that was an adventure of a life time. Javier always offered ti take us into town so that I wouldn't have to call a taxi. I decided on El Sol by reading comments written by others and it is a place I will remember for the rest of my life. I highly suggest you read reviews on this place and visit yourself. This place really lives up to all of the wonderful things said. El Sol will forever be in our hearts.

Room Tip: The small cabin has a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cbmiller4
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay at El Sol in October 2012. I am an avid traveler who has stayed all over the world and will say 100% hands down that this is the most magical, relaxing and beautiful place I have ever stayed at. The pictures and words do not do it justice. Costa Rica is an enigmatic country, and EL Sol is as close to heaven upon the clouds as you can get. The rooms, views, food, staff accommodations are remarkable, as it the peace and tranquility one discovers when staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2012

It's peaceful, beautiful, relaxing. Most wonderful setting overlooking the mountains. As mentioned in other reviews, the cabins are lovely, clean and comfortable. The kitchen offers all the basics if you feel like cooking but the food delivered from the neighbors is delicious, no need to cook really. We enjoyed the pool and sauna, the amazing sky at night and the quiet surroundings. You will need a rental car as El Sol is outside Santa Elena. And the streets really are an adventure, try to arrive before it gets dark.
Javier and Elisabeth are very special hosts and made our stay pleasant and relaxing.
Yes there are cheaper options in the town. But when we return we will make sure to stay at El Sol again. It's just one of a kind. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WhyWeTravel
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I just returned from a two week trip to Costa Rica where we finished up with three nights at El Sol.

We were warmly greeted and shown our cabin where the view actually made me forget how to speak. What a cool place. Unlike some of the other reviews below, the weather for us did not cooperate but it didn't matter a bit, the views were cooler and we had the entire Santa Elena Reserve to ourselves.

Night tour with Javier highly recommended! We saw a ton (a sloth, kinkaju and porcupine for mammals) and Javier is super knowledgeable about all things Costa Rica- and most things not about Costa Rica.

Great place!