Tripadvisor

from $83.00
from $69.00
from $69.00
4,440 results
All reviews hummingbird garden hanging bridges zip lining canopy tour tarzan swing cloud forest costa rica reptile house bridge walk self guided afraid of heights a lot of fun humming birds rain jacket felt safe own pace super fun
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am disappointed with this experience. First of all we were the last tour of the day and we were rushed all the time. It was my first time and I trusted my safety in the staff because I thought they had everything under controlled even though they were rushing us because safety comes first. There were a total of 16 tours, some of them had cushions when you got to one point to the other. Well we were at the last tour and we were supposed to ride together in pairs. So I rode with my husband. The ride was very fun, we were going very fast down the zip line. When we got to the end, we were supposed to brake and have a smooth landing. We were going at an extremely high speed and we never stopped, the guy the was supposed to stop us never stopped us, my husband was trying to brake with his hand but it was too late so we crashed into the metal pole that had no cushion on. We crashed so hard that went back like 20 feet and the guy had to go and get us. I thought for sure I was going to die or get injured pretty bad. My husbands leg was injured and I have bruises all over my legs. This was extremely unsafe, I still can’t believe this. I do not recommend for safety reasons.

1  Thank guiselap2020
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The 5th and 13th lines offer the longest ride and best view over the forest. Friendly staff hook you up to each cable. There is an optional Tarzan swing after the 12th line, which I recommend for the adrenaline rush. The 8 suspension bridges (puentes colgantes) are nothing special; the view from the hanging bridge in the Monteverde Cloud Forest is better. Save your money and book the basic canopy tour. The road leading to Selvatura Park is rough. Request (free) hotel pickup when making your reservation. The return shuttles are supposed to leave every 2 hours, but in our experience, there were extra shuttles running more frequently, so inquire when you arrive at the park.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I drove here on a recent trip just to walk along the hanging bridges trail. I preferred this trail to Mistico as there were less noisy people. Spotted some monkeys!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My 17-year old son and 20-year old daughter joined me for a ziplining tour through the rain forest. Before you start, they provide a valuable training to make sure you do everything correctly and have a safe experience.

It is too bad that they don't communicate the same instructions to the men on the platforms. They provided completely different instructions, contradicting what we were taught. I followed his instructions anyway which made things much more enjoyable.

As much as they promote that it is 14 different ziplines several of them are really short and shouldn't count. Have good shoes because there is plenty of walking between some of the ziplines.

I would have given them a 5 out of 5 for the experience but when we got to the final and longest zipline, the tower was closed and no one was there to help us. Prior to this is the giant tarzan swing which we didn't want to do.

After waiting 45 minutes in line, the employees finally showed up and allowed about 50 people to cut in front of us. That was so unacceptable. First to have us waiting for so long but then to allow all of these other people to cut in front of us really left a sour taste in our mouth.

I am torn on whether I would recommend them. There are plenty of other zipline companies in the area. They definitely need to do a better job.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to Selvatura Park and our expectations were to do a walk in the park and see the animals. We went to the reptiles section and with my great surprise I saw the snakes and the frogs kept trapped behind glasses! I was horrified! And more than that that I paid quite a lot of money to see this circus! I am totally utterly disgusted!