Open today: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $35.00
from $60.00
from $121.00
3,444 results
All reviews hummingbird garden hanging bridges canopy tour tarzan swing cloud forest costa rica reptile house bridge walk zip line experience afraid of heights self guided a lot of fun humming birds felt safe rain jacket own pace super fun
Reviewed April 10, 2016

Highlight funny enough was the amazing salad at the restaurant after a day of zipling and walking the suspension bridges. I remember the salad with a "Chocolate Sauce" - Amazing and healthy.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed April 10, 2016

My family loved it! My 10-year old twins were worried about being able to break (need to do this with your hands) so a guide zipped with them so they could enjoy the ride without having to do anything.

The guides were very thorough and organized as well as pleasant and humorous.

The views are amazing and it was an unforgettable experience.

My husband and son did the Tarzan swings and loved it.

My husband and I did the superman at the end. This is the highest and longest line and you felt like a bird! I was think I was too light for it (115 lbs) because I stalled in the middle. I think I would have panicked, but even before I had come to a stop, I could see the guide coming out to get me. He was on it! He towed my back in.

This is a can't miss experience!

We also did the hanging bridges walk and reptile garden. Our tour guide in the reptile garden was very knowledgable.

I would recommend the order we did the activities in: reptile garden, bridges hike and then finish with ziplines.

Reviewed April 8, 2016

Amazing views and super long zip lines through the jungle. A must do for the adventure seekers. Tarzan swing is crazy and my kids loved it. My younger daughter 11 was not able to do the superman as she is too light. I think she would of decided not to do it after she saw the distance and height above the jungle you have to go.

Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

And the tree you can climb through was good fun, a lot of birds and photo opportunities also here. Well worth the visit and suitable for children.

Reviewed April 6, 2016 via mobile

We spent the day at Selvatura with our 2 kids (13-15) last week. We did the bridges, the hummingbird garden, had lunch on the property, and did the zip lines.

Bridges: Wow! We arrived on an absolutely beautiful day and the bridges were spectacular. We hired a private guide for our family (not from the park, we used Forest Alive) and the 5 of us had the bridges almost all to ourselves! I think we saw 2 other families the entire 2 hours we were walking. You need to be in decent shape, lots of stairs. Our guide spotted lots of birds for us, it would have been hard to see anything but trees without the guide.

Hummingbird garden: we got in free, I think there is usually a charge. Very small but pretty. My son got stung by a bee. Skip this unless you just love hummingbirds. We saw lots of hummingbirds at the hotel, etc. so this isn't a "must do"

Lunch at Selvatura: We all got the chicken quesadillas. My kids didn't like theirs and ended up ordering fruit smoothies. Service was friendly but slow. We were there all day, so we had to eat something between walking the bridges and going zipping, there is nothing else around to eat, so it is OK but probably our least favorite meal in our 3 days at Monteverde.

Zip lines: amazing! Lots of uphill walking, so be prepared. We also zipped at Sky Trek the next day (less walking there) The Zips were a blast and varied, some went through the trees and others above the tree line. On the Selvatura zips you have to use your (gloved) hand on the wire to keep yourself from spinning, which can be stressful at times. Sometime our platforms were crowded and both my daughter and myself were yelled at by the men working there to hurry up, they hook you from zip-to-zip-to-zip very quickly so don't think that you will have time to soak it all in.

***do the superman, it is an extra $10 per person and we did not do it, but we all wished we did and you have to decide BEFORE you go. It looked really cool. We had already spent so much $ there, we didn't want to drop and extra $40, but in retrospect we should have done it.

I did the Tarzan swing too! (No extra charge) the other 3 in my group chickened out. Most people skipped this option, but it was a big thrill for me.

We bought a $15 family photo (terrible quality) because it is impossible to take pics with your own camera when you are zipping.