“happy vegan/carnivore dining”

The Green Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 96 Restaurants in Monteverde
Cuisines: Healthy, Mongolian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Own-Production. Fresh. Organic. Healthy. Local ingredients. Fusion & International Cuisines. The Green started in 2014 with a simple idea of offering excellent food with natural ingredients, together with a friendly environment where the "pura vida" that characterizes the Costa Rican and a service to remember highlights a restaurant where all people are treated with respect and friendly way the Ticos have. Our main motivation is the enjoyment of our guests, we are a restaurant that unites different elements and quality ingredients to create dishes that delight the palate. As far as possible we try to use ingredients grown in our garden or from local producers, thereby contributing to the economic growth of our people. Come and join us for great food and an atmosphere like no other.
DC
“happy vegan/carnivore dining”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

I had one dinner here with my carnivore kiddo. We were both able to enjoy a meal that satisfied us both--what a rare occasion! We had the Mongolian rice (me) and the steak (kiddo). Also, the maracuaja daquiri was so exquisitely delicious that I wanted to swim in it. They make them with fresh fruit (not pre-made) to order. Yum-mee!

The place was not exactly hopping, but it's still pretty new, so hopefully more people will find it. The owner (I think he owned the place - he was behind the counter, hosting, serving, describing the food) is a wonderfully friendly host. I think maybe the lighting could be improved (the florescent light over the veggie bar was necessary, but a bit...unromantic) - maybe turn it off when it's not needed? If this were my place (which, I know it is not, but...) I would repaint that mint/hospital green wall with a warmer color to make the place more magnetic.

Overall though, delicious!

Visited August 2014

Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great local flare”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

No matter where you stay, everything is in walking distance, Restuarant Green is just off the main road and so worth the walk. Our waiter was super helpful with local knowledge and best places to go. The food was outstanding, my Delmonico Steak was as tender as a filet and the tico flavors made it even better. My wife and I would highly recommend this place to eat if your in Monteverde, a great local restuarant.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Don't miss a delicious meal at The Green in Monteverde!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We read the reviews in Trip Advisor and decided to try it. The restaurant is a bit of a challenge to find, but we are so glad we found it. The food was excellent! and probably our best meal in Costa Rica! We had their Chicken in peach sauce and Delmonico Steak with Mushroom sauce. We also ordered a fruit smoothie and Strawberry Mojito which were very nice.

The owner was attentive and the plating of the food was very attractive (see posted pics). The owner also speaks very good English and has travelled to the US and brought some of its influence to its fusion food. It is a very new restaurant (7 months) and not well known. I hope the restaurant succeeds because it is worthy of success. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

2 Thank CaravanSix C
Monteverde
“Well-sourced, local food”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Tasty, plentiful, well-cooked meal at affordable price. Companionable owner made for a very pleasant evening. Tasty micro-brewery beers instead of the usual mass-produced national offerings. Try the Segua!

Baltimore, Maryland
“Very Tasty, but the really good news was the Microbrew”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

The chicken in mushroom sauce was very tasty and worthy of a good review, but I really enjoyed the red ale Microbrew complete with the myth behind it. Am I going to tell the myth? No, you'll enjoy it more if you ask at the restaurant.