“Fun total”

Costa Rica Wild Ride Expeditions Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering tours in canyoneering, mountain biking, rock climbing, horseback riding, Whitewater rafting, hiking, ATV, and surf lessons around the country. Private tours can be arranged.
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Fun total”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

After I tried out rafting for the first time a bit more than a year ago with my son, I took my other (grown up) kids to share the experience. Every time it was a wonderful experience for all of us - each of them (and me too!) wants to do it again.
Last weekend I went on my fourth trip with Jose as a guide - this time rafting on the Paquare river. Finally a really long tour (even longer than usual because of the low water). We enjoyed every minute and I can highly recommend it.
Jose is a very competent guide - delivering the right mixture of information, instruction - and fun! But to be honest all the guides in the group (for rafting you usually go in several boats, each with their own guide) seemed equally nice.

Visited April 2014

Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica
“Amazing experience with the best guide!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Rainer was our guide who led a couple friends and i on a canyoning tour. We hiked e rivers, jumped off rocks, repelled down waterfalls and even slid down a small, natural "water slide"! It was an awesome experience that was nothing else I've ever done. Rainer was the sweetest guy and so impressive, made us feel safe and confident in ourselves. It was so fun!! Would recommend to anyone looking for a fun adventure :) we even saw cows, a hawk with a snake in its mouth, and a toucan!

Visited March 2014
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Guides who really know the land and tech.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We had a highly trained guide for repelling the 3 waterfalls and felt very confident in him - since it was our first time doing this. We were even shown a wild Tucan and many trees and plants that we can eat or that produce medicine. And, the area was the most gorgeous of our vacation's adventures.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“DO NOT MISS THIS!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We did the canyoning tour in Santa Rosa! It was amazing!! Our best experience in Costa Rica!! If you are

We booked it inSamta Elena/ Monteverde. A private taxi picked us up and it was a 45 min drive to basecamp. There Ryner (Sassi) and Jose (italian guide) were waiting for us! A very warm welcome!

It was just the two of us and we had them as our guides! The most friendly and enthousiastic people we met in Costa Rica. The prepared us, and gave us safety instructions. They both have been doing this for many years (17+) in several countries.

The trip was about 3 hours. The nature is beautifull. Many butterflies and even a wild Tucan! The river was small (end of dry season) but nevertheless beautifull!

It is really adventurous! You hike down the river and although it is easy, you have to love adventure! We jumped of many waterfalls, it was great!! The bigger waterfall you do rappel / descend by rope! Safety first, they really know what they are doing and everything is doucle checked.

Words can't describe it!!! The adrenaline when you are going down a waterfall...the views are amazing. They made the most action photographs! Us jumping of cliffs and descending from
The waterfalls!

They point out birds/trees/bugs etc.

It truely was our best outdoor experience. We did rafting and canopy and hiking.... But this is the best combination of it all!!

For just 65 dollars it is really worth every single penny!!

Do not miss this one if you are in Monteverde / Santa Elena!!!!

Thank you guys for this amazing experience!!!

Loveland, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Back for more!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My first experience with Costa Rica Wild Ride Expeditions was when I took my niece whitewater rafting on Rio Pacuare. Jose was very professional, yet lighthearted in his instruction on how to participate, interjecting directions with plenty of humor. Our rafting trip was so fun that on my next trip to Costa Rica I contacted Jose for a canyoning tour. This tour was exotically beautiful, with plenty of waterfalls & pools, opportunities to photograph them, and learning about the flora & fauna along the way. If you love nature and adventure, give Jose a call - he'll be sure to make your adventures in Costa Rica unforgettable!

Visited August 2013