“A massage I will never forget.”

Revive Healing Arts
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Revive - a place in paradise offering you the opportunity to replenish your whole self with massage, energy work, classes and soulful renewal services. Revive's simple healing arts studio is tucked into a private garden at the edge of the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Located in thee heart of the historic Monteverde village, Revive is just steps away from the Monteverde Coffee Center, Drishti Art & Yoga studio, Monteverde WholeFoods and CASEM women's craft cooperative. Karen Gordon, owner of Revive Healing Arts, is an accomplished integrative bodywork therapist, yoga teacher and one of Costa Rica's most highly-trained CranioSacral therapists and Reiki Master/Teachers, offering training, courses and learning retreats for students from around the world. After a long day exploring Monteverde's magnificent mountaintop, relax and renew at Revive! - advanced appointments via website or email highly recommended.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Karen is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met and the most gifted massage therapist. After two stressful weeks of learning Spanish and going on vigorous adventure tours, I was stressed out and exhausted and sore. My session with Karen was a turning point in my trip. She was so knowledgeable and kind and restored my energy and body.

The massage was healing and relaxing and just wonderful. Words don't do it justice. I believe that cranio sacral massage is the best type and it is hard to find people that are trained in it, but Karen is a leader in the field.

I would travel back to Costa Rica just to get another massage if I could. Thank you Karen for sharing your passion and knowledge.

I would highly recommend seeing Karen on any visit to Monteverde.

Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Jennie30, I am so glad you turned to Revive Healing Arts when you found yourself stressed out, exhausted and sore! What an honor to know that our session was a turning point in your trip and that you felt restored both physically and energetically. I appreciate your recommendation!

There are newer reviews for Revive Healing Arts

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Karen offers not only deep knowledge of the muscles, tendons and skeletal structure, she also has expert massage skills. That combined with an enjoyable personality made for a wonderful massage. I strained muscles in my back canyoning Down a waterfall. It was so uncomfortable I wasn't able to put on my shoes, following the treatment, I successfully put on my own shoes! Karen is a skiled professional and someone I am glad to have met!

Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Lisa L,
I'm glad to know that putting on your shoes became less of an adventure than your waterfall canyoning experience after your session at Revive Healing Arts! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am 64 years old and have never had a more healing and pleasant massage in my life.

The room was clean and lovely but Karen was the star attraction. She was compassionate and friendly. I suffer from multiple back injuries. Her knowledge of the body as a cranio sacral specialist totally relieved my aches and pains, and was a major reason that I was able to continue my trip and hike in the rainforests as I had planned.

I wish I could have taken Karen home with me and was sorry I found her on my last day in Monteverde. If you go, plan on going earlier in your trip in case you want a repeat treatment.

Dear Brooke F,
I am so happy to know that your combination massage/ cranio sacral therapy session on your last day in Monteverde helped to relieve your aches and pains so that you were able to continue your adventures in our country's amazing rainforests. I appreciate your comments and review!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I booked the combination message while in Monteverde. We had just gotten married and were in need of some serious de-stressing! Karen is wonderful. She came to our hotel so that after a day of travel we didn't have "shlep" into town. Both my husband and I, who like very different kinds of massages, left feeling renewed and relaxed. We both feel like Karen is completely in-tune with our individual bodies and everything about her is peaceful and healing. I would highly recommend a visit when in the area!
We are so grateful to have had the opportunity to start our honeymoon with such a positive experience.

Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear shaysheeze, I am so gladl to know the Revive Signature Package helped you de-stress after your busy wedding weekend at the beach, and that you were able to begin your honeymoon relaxed and renewed. Congratulations, and thank you for your review!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just walking into Karen's office is relaxing. Dim lights, the smell of essential oils, and tons of books--she really knows her stuff. Karen used a combination of cranio-sacral, reiki, and massage to work on my knee injury, but then went on do full body work that left me feeling light, relaxed, and more balanced--and very grateful for her skills! Monteverde is lucky to have such a talented healing artist. Definitely recommended!

Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Emma T, I'm so glad your travels brought you to Revive Healing Arts studio and that you were able to leave light, relaxed and more balanced! Thank you for your recommendation.