If you want the feel of a Bavarian ski lodge, this is a great little hotel. It is set up like cabins. We stayed at one way on top of the hill - nice because it was quiet and private. The downside was that we needed the hotel shuttle to drive us up with our luggage and it was actually quite windy and cool up there. At least 10 degrees colder up there than at the bottom of the hill. Fortunately, we are young and athletic. That hill was steep and would be a tough climb for an older person. There is a shuttle from 6am-10pm that will take you to and from you room and the lobby if you call for it from your room. It has several outdoor hot tubs and the campus is pretty large. Beautiful woodworking in the room. They have a water treatment facility on site and request that you do not flush toilet paper. There is no trash barrel, only recycling. They are very eco conscious and if you are familiar with the Costa Rican ecolodge ratings, they have received 3 leaves. The hotel staff is helpful enough and nice enough, Good location - within walking distance of 2 great breakfast places and an adorable little downtown. Less than 2 miles from the cloud forest, butterfly garden, women's coop, coffee plantation and sugar cane plantation. The internet was down our entire stay here. We did not take advantage of the restaurant as it was expensive and looked like nothing special. I would give Monteverde and Santa Elena a thumbs up, but this hotel neither impressed not offended me. You can stay in the area for about 1/3 of the price. In all of the places I've stayed in Costa Rica, I felt the safest and most welcomed in Santa Elena.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Heliconia is located on a stunning 6 acre property and is surrounded by lush, beautiful and tropical rain forest, where you can see and find hundreds of exotic birds and animals. The lodge offers a one of a kind panoramic view of Monteverde and the surrounding area. Hotel Heliconia has been decorated with a fine wood finish, all contributing to the home like ambiance. Here you will find a finely decorated restaurant and bar featuring an international menu, amazing walking trails and numerous jacuzzis found around the property that can fit 2 to 5 people- great for a romantic night for two, or a few drinks with friends. All rooms come with all the amenities like flat screen tv with cable, beautiful spacious bathrooms, fresh towels, coffee maker and balconies with sitting area. All contributing to make your stay at Hotel Holiconia a very comfortable and memorable one. Whether you are looking to relax or be active, Hotel Heliconia has something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heliconia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heliconia Hotel Monteverde
- Heliconia Hotel Costa Rica/Monteverde