The Heliconia Hotel is well situated in Monterverde. When we checked in the receptionist was helpful and went through the range of tours available, with good knowledge of what was on hand and what to avoid. She said it was best to discuss this first as our room was 'at the top'.
We thought this meant the room was on the top floor of the hotel - it was actually at the top of the hill behind the main reception building. The view from here was stunning and I believe on good days the sunsets are magnificent - unfortuanatley it was raining on both evenings we were there.
The rooms are hugh, - we had two king size beds with enough room to throw in a couple of singles if required. They are a bit basic(No TV/Hairdryer/Coffee Machine or Mini Bar) and lots of wood abound.The shower was huge and everything was very clean. Its a bit of an uphill hike, but if you have mobility problems then speak to reception and they will organise the hotel mini-bus to take you to your room.
As mentioned in other reviews, the reception/restraunt areas are dark, mainly becuase of all the wood they use, combined with poor lightining.
If you feel like splashing out, then treat yourself to your own personal chef to make dinner. Eduardo created for us a Ceasar salad with handmade dressing followed by Sea Bass with fresh water jumbo shrimps, cooked in a white wine sauce. All beautifully prepared at out table.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Heliconia is located on a stunning 6 acre property and is surrounded by lush, beautiful and tropical rain forest, where you can see and find hundreds of exotic birds and animals. The lodge offers a one of a kind panoramic view of Monteverde and the surrounding area. Hotel Heliconia has been decorated with a fine wood finish, all contributing to the home like ambiance. Here you will find a finely decorated restaurant and bar featuring an international menu, amazing walking trails and numerous jacuzzis found around the property that can fit 2 to 5 people- great for a romantic night for two, or a few drinks with friends. All rooms come with all the amenities like flat screen tv with cable, beautiful spacious bathrooms, fresh towels, coffee maker and balconies with sitting area. All contributing to make your stay at Hotel Holiconia a very comfortable and memorable one. Whether you are looking to relax or be active, Hotel Heliconia has something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heliconia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heliconia Hotel Monteverde
- Heliconia Hotel Costa Rica/Monteverde