We stay 3 nights here in December. For some reason we were led to believe this was a "luxury" resort which it is not. The room we had was large and nice looking with 2 king size beds with threadbare sheets and no mattress pads, it was kind of gross. Hot water was limited and a gamble. There is no air conditioning. The windows were limited and screwed shut. The ceiling fan made such a racket that you could not have it on. The weather was okay so we survived.
The spa aspect of the place was not functioning, the 3 little whirlpools were empty.
We stayed at the uppermost lodge which has a great view but it is an interesting uphill walk on a full (or empty) stomach and we are good hikers. The breakfast provided was okay. We went to the $40 a person Christmas dinner with local kids dancing. It was fun but the meal was again, okay.
Most of the staff was friendly and helpful but if you wanted to do something that they did not earn a booking commission (such as hiking in the Children's Rainforest) they were NO help at all. The main building of the lodge is on a busy crazy corner. But the location puts you right between the interesting art shops in Santa Elena which you can walk to with limited effort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Heliconia is located on a stunning 6 acre property and is surrounded by lush, beautiful and tropical rain forest, where you can see and find hundreds of exotic birds and animals. The lodge offers a one of a kind panoramic view of Monteverde and the surrounding area. Hotel Heliconia has been decorated with a fine wood finish, all contributing to the home like ambiance. Here you will find a finely decorated restaurant and bar featuring an international menu, amazing walking trails and numerous jacuzzis found around the property that can fit 2 to 5 people- great for a romantic night for two, or a few drinks with friends. All rooms come with all the amenities like flat screen tv with cable, beautiful spacious bathrooms, fresh towels, coffee maker and balconies with sitting area. All contributing to make your stay at Hotel Holiconia a very comfortable and memorable one. Whether you are looking to relax or be active, Hotel Heliconia has something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Heliconia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heliconia Hotel Monteverde
- Heliconia Hotel Costa Rica/Monteverde