We paid not to stay here - we checked in and then moved over to Heliconia without even staying the night we had to pay for.
The restaurant was positively horrendous - the food they served looked like it had literally been out for days.
The place is so spread out that you have to call for a shuttle van to pick you up and drop you off (and that service ends at 10 pm)
You also have to wear a cheesy armband like you're at an amusement park or something. The staff was not friendly or helpful.
Yes, the views were nice, but that's where my compliments end. Heliconia had essentially the same view since it's next door, but with lower prices and much friendlier service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde