This place is not worth the money. The service is poor and not friendly. The room had an amazing view but too many other drawbacks. There is no heat and it gets very cold. The walls of the bathroom don't reach the ceiling so there is NO privacy. The TV remote wouldn't work and the staff wouldn't give us a different one. You have to wear an armband identifying yourself as a guest. The walk up to the hotel room from the office almost requires a car (far and steep road). The food at the restaurant was awful. We had dinner there and didn't bother going back for the free breakfast the next morning.
The up-sides: terrific view, American channels on TV (no, I'm not on vacation to watch American TV but it was nice to catch up with some news after more than a week away).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde