We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel as part of our tour in Costa Rica.
The staff in reception were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. The rooms did not have air conditioning but you could ask for fan from the reception. The hotel offers shuttle service to/from your rooms down to the restaurant or reception. We only used this to move our luggage between reception and rooms as the hotel is situated on quite steep slope and perhaps also with the altitude, even climbing the stairs to the rooms from restaurant did take your breath away!
We only had breakfast in the hotel - which was good, enough choice for everyone. For evening meals we opted to go out to eat in the village instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde