I only stayed here one night, so I can't speak to many of the amenities--only the rooms and sleep quality, which were good and bad, respectively.
This place has a great view, and the cliff-side setting offers a unique experience. The rocking chairs overlooking the large glass doors were a lovely place to relax in the morning, and shuttles were timely. These rooms were the cleanest we experienced during our stay in Costa Rica, and the bathrooms were the most modern--offering the comforts of home. We found the breakfast to be quite good as well.
Yet, the fridge was not cold, and we could not leave items in it since it turns off any time you leave the room with the key. The steepness of the property, paired with the fact that there are no sidewalks on the windy roads leading from building to building, leaves guests at the mercy of shuttles. We were unable to get the Wifi to work--even in the lobby or business center. Our room was so cold when we arrived, and there are no temperature controls in the room; all you can do is open or close the windows.
And the big downer--the noise! I got very little sleep the night we stayed here. Aside from finding a scorpion in our room prior to going to bed--which I'm sure made me a bit restless (though no fault of the hotel)--we heard every noise of every person within a three-room radius. Every conversation. Every flush. Every shower. Every TV. Every cough. Everything. Our friends who were on the end said it was not so bad, but where we were in the middle, it was quite frustrating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde