This property has a tremendous view being on the side of a hill. It is a very large property with all amenities; restaurants (2), pool, tennis court, conference center, spa and excursion desk. There are 9 buildings each going higher on the grounds. This requires, for most of us, to call for their shuttle. The rooms have great views and are spacious. The staff maintains everything well cleaned. The water is safe to drink. The cons: too large a property. no drawers in rooms, no place to hang clothing in the bathroom, no toilette paper holder, too shallow a sink and each lower floor room is too noisy being adjacent to the hallway which all have to use.
The property is well located for all that Monteverde has to offer. I consider this the best hotel in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde