We stayed for two nights in the 700 building (third highest from the top of the hill). Beautiful bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs, walk-in-showers, and contemporary vessel sinks. The rooms have balconies and floor to ceiling windows looking toward the Gulf of Nacoya.
Rooms have no heat or A/C, but not needed as the temperatures are cool at night and moderate overall. Free tram service will take you from the restaurant, reception, pool, etc. to your room within about 5 minutes. We found the restaurant to be slightly overpriced, and the food quality was average. However, they did serve a hearty hot breakfast for free, with the option to buy an omelet for $2 USD. The hotel has a 5-terminal internet cafe, and a helpful concierge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde