We were here as part of a gate 1 tour (we did the plan A upgrade in our opinion money well spent). The hotel had the most amazing views. It is Eco friendly so no air conditioning (although it wasn't needed) the power was on only when your room key was present in room, so while you have a fridge it only stays cool when you're in the room.
The zip lines, Tarzan swing and rappelling were awesome. The guides were great. It's on property so it's super convenient. Only $40. Pura Vida.
The restaurant is very nice, kind of hip bar upstairs where you overlook a pond surrounded by hydrangeas. Beautiful.
We were here at the end of September, only 10% occupancy so we had the place to ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde