We stayed 2 nights at El Establo in Building #300 with a fabulous view all the way to the Gulf of Nicoyo. Our lofted suite comfortably slept all 5 of us in a stylish, modern decor. The entire complex is built on a steep mountainside, so they run a very efficient shuttle bus on call to transport guests up and down the property. The shuttle doesn't run to Santa Elena, however. At first, that seemed like a disadvantage, but we found the walk to town energizing and a good way to see things up close. It's a hilly walk, with some areas of poor sidewalks, but doable if you're in decent shape. The breakfast was plentiful and varied. We left on our third morning before the official start to breakfast, but were welcomed to fill to-go containers. The property includes acres of rainforest at the top of the hill. We hiked (take the shuttle to the start of the trail!) through the marked trails. Even saw some monkeys. We chose to walk down back to our room - a very steep but invigorating walk. The upscale restaurant on the property was pretty, but too pricey for our budget. We chose to have a "2 fer" drink in the bar instead -- just make sure you order 2 of the identical drink. Staff was friendly and helpful. This a nice choice for a high-end lodging within walking distance of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde