We stayed three nights in room 302 which was more of a lodge style hotel. There were steps in the lobby to get to our room. The hallway floors in this building were designed like old stone. The staff was friendly. We had a two room unit with one bed on the main floor and a bed in the loft area. The room was big and the room was clean. There was a bathtub and shower in the room as well as a safe, dresser and fridge. The beds were comfortable. There is no ac in the room which was fine as it was pretty cool in June. There were windows to open. We could see the Pacific Ocean bay in the distance. There is a shuttle to take you to the restaurant or areas in the resort as the hotel is on a incline. The restaurant food and service was good and their breakfast buffet was fine with eggs, juice, cereal, yogurt, fruit and bread. Sometimes they had a dinner buffet also. There was a bakery, Panaderia Jimenez, across the street and some restaurants you could walk to. We tried Sofia’s once which was walking distance and there was a convenience store that is walking distance. There is walking path on the property that is on natural ground with some inclines. We saw a raccoon, armadillo and a lot of birds on the property. We also heard an owl. It was nice to sit on the balcony and watch the cloud/fog. We did not use the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde