Nice overall stay at this hotel.
-beautiful hillside property. They offered a free shuttle to take you around the hotel.
-views from most rooms
-nice large bathrooms
-really good breakfast included in the room price
-unfriendly check in staff
-noisy cleaning staff and generally speaking poor sound insulation. Source of the noise: The door didn't seem to reach the floor.
-no heating in the rooms and it gets cold at night so if you are sensitive to cold, come prepared.
-would not recommend the ziplines at the hotel- they looked old and unsafe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde