This hotel complex is huge and on a steep hillside, but the property is beautiful. If you are able, it is worth it to take walks and enjoy the flowers and trees, the peacock enclosure and koi pond. There is a shuttle system that can also take you around, especially the uphills.
We stayed in the 500 rooms building on the second floor. This building is near the pool and a bar and restaurant. We had room 522 which had an L-shaped deck with a great view. There is no furniture on the deck, but there are two lovely rocking chairs in the room that can be taken onto the deck if you want to sit. It can be quite breezy, so I can understand why they wouldn’t want lightweight plastic lawn chairs blowing around. You are in the cloud forests here, so the weather can change very quickly from sunny to rainy.
The room was a good size and the bathroom was modern with a separate tub and shower. There is no hvac system, but there are windows that open to create a cross-breeze, so the temperature in the room was fine.
We ate two breakfasts and one dinner at the dining room next to the road. Breakfast was basic unless you wanted to pay $2 extra each, for specialty item such as pancakes, waffles, bacon or an omelet. We had a buffet dinner that was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde