Hotel Fonda Vela
Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$64
$255
$153
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Monteverde Inn(Monteverde)(Great Value!)
$71
Hotel Belmar(Monteverde)
$199
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $227/night.

$131
$106
  • Breakfast included
$87
$75
Monteverde Lodge & Gardens(Monteverde)
$236
All reviewsjunior suitecloud forestpool areacosta ricahardwood floorslarge windowshotel groundsking bedtwo nightshotel restaurantbeautiful groundscheese factoryno wifi in the roomssanta elenathe reservespread outstandard room
Reviewed October 13, 2015 via mobile

We made a reservation, arrived on site, to find hotel was closed/out of business. Signs were removed from hotel. Locals said hotel closed around mid September. No word from hotel in advance of our arrival. Luckily we found great lodging just up the road to the Monteverde reserve.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
6  Thank Greg C
Reviewed September 30, 2015

I accidentally paid twice for my room in July, once when I reserved through Expedia and again when I checked out. I contacted the hotel immediately and they saw the mistake and said they would refund the overpayment. It's been two months and after repeated requests, I've received nothing. I talked to someone on the phone last week and they said the hotel was closed, and that I should call back this week. Now there's no answer on the phone and the e-mails bounce back.

I don't know what else I can do.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank adam_42105
Reviewed September 30, 2015 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 2 nights: 28 - 29 September. After reading that the hotel is not working anymore we called the hotel from our hotel in Arenal (GREAT - Silencio del campo) and there was no answer from any phone number of them. So we cancelled the reservation through hotel.com at the last minute! We booked instead hotel Belmar - great hotel. So check because also people in town (Santa Elena) told us this hotel is not working anymore.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank gidrub
Reviewed September 27, 2015

My husband and I came here for a few nights as part of our honeymoon and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were upgraded as courtesy to a junior suite. We found this hotel clean and comfortable and we enjoyed walking in the grounds and seeing the wildlife. The staff were friendly and helpful and helped us book activities. We enjoyed the breakfast and the staff in the restaurant kindly assisted us with extra things we needed. It is a little way away from the town but we enjoyed the tranquility. As we had a car, and as the restaurant didn't operate for dinner, we were able to drive to town or the local Tramonti italian hotel for dinner. There is no wifi in the room which is a downside, but available in reception and restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2015 via mobile

I reserve this hotel for 2 nights, and deposited the money in advance in their bank account, but when we arrived last night we found the hotel is close, the workers did not get the salaries for several weeks and were fire, no electricity, etc. Do not go there. I had to pay another $500 to stay on another hotel. I reported it to the Costarrican Tourism Chamber.
Jorge Rodríguez.