We (a familiy of four from Colorado) recently stayed at the Vista Verde Lodge. It was a high point of our trip to CR. The staff (Hermida and Eulogio) are really some of the most helpful, friendly folks you could hope to meet. A really nice family atmosphere, with tasty meals, a great view on the Arenal volcano (probably not always to be counted on, but we had great weather). The location is indeed out of the way- a nice break from the parts of Monteverde that are getting to be a bit Disneylandy.
The staff helped us arrange a horseback ride with Sabine's which worked out really well.
The property has its own set of trails and waterfalls that make a nice mini-excursion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our rooms have stunning views of the lake and Arenal Volcano, something that if we make clear is that we are located in a cloud forest that means not always clear, we trail to a waterfall and others because the hotel has 100 acres primary forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Vista Verde Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Verde Hotel Monteverde
- Vista Verde Lodge Costa Rica/Monteverde