“Incredible experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Forest Alive

Forest Alive
Ranked #2 of 49 Tours in Monteverde
More attraction details
Owner description: In a Natural History Private Tours you will be in the Nature Documentary yourself. Learn about the Cloud forest with your Naturalist Guide who will help spot unique wildlife and plant species. The forest has a unique language, let our guide from the Forest Alive Naturalist-Team translate it for you! Day tours and Night tours in all different Reserves and Parks in Monteverde and adjacent areas. Why a Private Tour? Go away from the crowds. Perfect for families. Experience the forest according to your own goals and interested. The right pace and focus for photographers(beginners, amateur and professionals equally). For people that want to have a deeper experience in understanding the different forest types of Monteverde. For Scientists like Biologist, Botanists, Ornithologist, Teachers and more...
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Incredible experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our vacation in Costa Rica and couldn't be happier that we were able to do a night walk and a half-day birding tour with Andres Alvorado from Forest Alive! Andres was great to work with and very flexible - we had to make some changes to our schedule due to illness and he was very accomodating. The highlight of our birding tour was seeing both resplendent quetzals (one male and three females!) and three-wattled bellbirds - but we counted up at least 51 different species of birds that we saw in one morning at Curi Cancha Reserve. It was a truly exceptional day and we owe it all to Andres. It was a pleasure going out with a guide like Andres who had such a vast knowledge of the plant and animal life and a passion for sharing and preserving the unique ecosystems found in the rain shadow forest and the cloud forest. I would highly recommend Andres or any of the guides from Forest Alive if you are ever in Monteverde. Get off the beaten path and explore with them! Pura vida!

Santa Monica, California
“Fun ann informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife, 11 year old daughter and I went on 2 morning hikes and 1 evening hike with Andy. He listened to what we wanted to see and tailored the trips accordingly. We saw more animals than we knew existed! My daughter was particularly pleased. He also helped my wife and daughter compose photographs with their new cameras. Andy is not only knowledgeable on flora and fauna but also gave us a flavor of what it is like to live in Costa Rica. Highly recommended.

Sunnyvale, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a great day and night tours with Andres. He got our kids 13 and 9, so interested in the nature around us, plants and animals and the explanations were alive and funny. He is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about what he's doing. I would recommend everyone to go on tours with him.

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Andres is amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Going on a night hike and day hike with Andres was the highlight of our trip to Costa Rica. After dozens of emails going back and forth with him to plan our personalized treks, we were excited to finally meet our guide Andres in Monteverde. With 2 kids (ages 9 and 6) in tow, I was a bit worried that they would tire and bore easily, but not with Andres! His immense experience as a naturalist is immediately evident by how he can tell you every detail of the fauna and flora he has spotted for you. His ability to find interesting insects, birds, mammals, plants and trees that would be impossible for an untrained eye to find is almost super-human. I had come with a list of Costa Rican animals we wanted to check off during our trip and was amazed at what we could see and learn about in two hikes with Andres--Hoffman's Sloth, kinkajou, coati, keel-billed toucan, hummingbirds, trogons, motmots, brown jay, leaf throwing bird, black guan, walking stick bug, spiders, bats, frogs, headlight click bug (amazing!), many beetles, ants, butterflies, side striped palm pit viper, orange knee tarantula and... the elusive and beautiful Resplendent Quetzal--3 of them--after Andres exclaimed, "I know that one and where he's going!" and proceeded to do bird calls and follow him! I don't think my kids understood how lucky they were to see up close the unique and magical plumage of a quetzal!

Andres is also very easy-going and fun to chat with. He is currently planning a backpacking trip through the rain forest, which I'd love my family to be a part of one day! He is also an expert photographer and gave me many tips on how to take good photos of the wildlife as well as taking great pictures of me and my family. A course with him on wildlife photography would also be amazing, I'm sure. As you can see, we are big fans of Andres at Forest Alive and can recommend him without hesitation!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sammi N
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Great experience for kids and adults”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had 2 days two and one night tour with Jorge and Andres. Our kids had a wonderful time and they are 6 and 8 and not really a hiking type. We saw some very cool animals that we would have never spotted without the guides. Andres also told us a lot of stories of Costa Rica on many subjects. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2013