“Andres is amazing!”
Review of Forest Alive

Forest Alive
Ranked #1 of 51 Tours in Monteverde
More attraction details
Owner description: In a Natural History Private Tours you will be in the Nature Documentary yourself. Learn about the Cloud forest with your Naturalist Guide who will help spot unique wildlife and plant species. The forest has a unique language, let our guide from the Forest Alive Naturalist-Team translate it for you! Day tours and Night tours in all different Reserves and Parks in Monteverde and adjacent areas. Why a Private Tour? Go away from the crowds. Perfect for families. Experience the forest according to your own goals and interested. The right pace and focus for photographers(beginners, amateur and professionals equally). For people that want to have a deeper experience in understanding the different forest types of Monteverde. For Scientists like Biologist, Botanists, Ornithologist, Teachers and more...
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Going on a night hike and day hike with Andres was the highlight of our trip to Costa Rica. After dozens of emails going back and forth with him to plan our personalized treks, we were excited to finally meet our guide Andres in Monteverde. With 2 kids (ages 9 and 6) in tow, I was a bit worried that they would tire and bore easily, but not with Andres! His immense experience as a naturalist is immediately evident by how he can tell you every detail of the fauna and flora he has spotted for you. His ability to find interesting insects, birds, mammals, plants and trees that would be impossible for an untrained eye to find is almost super-human. I had come with a list of Costa Rican animals we wanted to check off during our trip and was amazed at what we could see and learn about in two hikes with Andres--Hoffman's Sloth, kinkajou, coati, keel-billed toucan, hummingbirds, trogons, motmots, brown jay, leaf throwing bird, black guan, walking stick bug, spiders, bats, frogs, headlight click bug (amazing!), many beetles, ants, butterflies, side striped palm pit viper, orange knee tarantula and... the elusive and beautiful Resplendent Quetzal--3 of them--after Andres exclaimed, "I know that one and where he's going!" and proceeded to do bird calls and follow him! I don't think my kids understood how lucky they were to see up close the unique and magical plumage of a quetzal!

Andres is also very easy-going and fun to chat with. He is currently planning a backpacking trip through the rain forest, which I'd love my family to be a part of one day! He is also an expert photographer and gave me many tips on how to take good photos of the wildlife as well as taking great pictures of me and my family. A course with him on wildlife photography would also be amazing, I'm sure. As you can see, we are big fans of Andres at Forest Alive and can recommend him without hesitation!

1  Thank Sammi N

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had 2 days two and one night tour with Jorge and Andres. Our kids had a wonderful time and they are 6 and 8 and not really a hiking type. We saw some very cool animals that we would have never spotted without the guides. Andres also told us a lot of stories of Costa Rica on many subjects. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We are a family of 4 and we had Marcos as our guide and we enjoyed it immensely. We first took a Night Tour which was fascinating and then the next day Marcos took us on the suspended bridges and the waterfall and finally dropped us off for Zip Lining. My daughter, 22, and my son, 19, remained engaged with all of the activities. Marcos was patient, punctual and professional. It felt like we were participating in our own nature show. My wife sprained her ankle the day before we arrived in Monteverde but Marcos made sure that the pace of our hiking was adjusted accordingly. I would highly recommend the services of Forest Alive.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just got back from a wonderful vacation of Panama and Cota Rica. Andres was one of the Costa Rican Naturlists that accompanied the tour and his knowledge and passon about all things Costa Rican made our experience even better that I expected. If you are going to Costa Rica I would highly recommend contacting Andres at Forest Alive for your nature adventures.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Adres was busy and recommended Marcos as our guide. I would say, Marcos was excellent. There is no bird or animal that we did not see. He made the best utilization of time and the natural reserves. Marcos was very patient, sweet and co operative. I would highly recommend to take night walk as well as day hike. Thanks to Forest alive for providing one of a kind and a wonderful experience in Monteverde.