“Waterfall rappel was amazing”

Finca Modelo Ecologica
Ranked #13 of 25 Nature & Parks in Monteverde
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our Adventure Company Tours will take you to the best experience of the Canyoning Tour Monteverde and our new Attraction TreeTop Climbing Monteverde (Climbing a Ficus tree of 132 feet tall). Visit us in La Cruz, Monteverde, Costa Rica.
New York, New York
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Waterfall rappel was amazing”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our first time doing waterfall rappelling, and we couldn't have been happier with the experience! From the moment we arrived at the farm, everyone on the staff made us feel at home, and we were totally comfortable with the entire experience. The rappels were a lot of fun, especially the long one and the final one, and the guides took some great shots ($15 to purchase the CD at the end). Definitely worth checking out when you're in the area! Prepare to get wet and a little bit bruised up...

Visited March 2014

• Hebrew first
Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“The canyoning highlighted my trip”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I decided to take the canyoning tour when I saw the flyers in the hostel. It was beyond my expectation, and a little demanding if you are not in good shape. There are 6 waterfalls and one of them is 40 meters high! It was a great experience that not only brought up my adrenalin but provided a chance to challenge myself. Our guides Chris and David were funny making the tour more interesting. Now coming back, when my friends saw those pictures they said "you are well prepared than any of us for the upcoming Superhero obstacle run!". I am so glad I did it!

Appleton, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No-frills thrill”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Finca Modelo was a very basic family run business. I really enjoyed their no-nonsense approach to us which is hard to come by nowadays in commercial tourist businesses trying to fleece you. We were strapped up in our gear, given a short but informative rappelling lesson, quickly taken down by the river and over the rocks (the somewhat long hike down was beautiful going through farmland and forest), and let go over 6 different falls like it was no big deal. They made no fuss even while I fumbled into the falls or slammed my body against the rock faces. Their you-can-do-it-in-a-breeze attitude really helped. The whole experience was amazing since I went in there with no expectation and came out like a pro :) Going in with an open mind and not worrying about scraped knees is all you need to rapel down a 40m breathtaking falls! Kudos Finco Modelo!

BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Rapelling waterfalls - family fun!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We weren't sure what to expect - but to have fun and be challenged. We appreciated it starts small and works its way into more challenging waterfalls, with only 8 or 9 in all, but it still takes a few hours. Walking down the river/creek within the narrow canyon was a logical surprise, and made it that much more adventurous. The guides were very instructive, safety conscious and fun. This was the most physicially and mentally challenging activity on our two week action packed trip with two teens, and well worth it. We came away all feeling like we'd conquered something individually and really help support each other as a family.

Kelowna
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“So fun - highly recommend!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was such a blast! Repelling down the first waterfall is a bit scary if you have no experience repelling, like myself, but luckily the first waterfall is a short one and the guides are really great at talking you through it. You get the hang of it quickly and from there on you feel more confident and can enjoy it! Definitely a rush! Such a beautiful setting as well and I appreciate that the guys snap photos for you and sell the disc for a really reasonable price. I'd definitely do it again.