Casa Batsu
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Monteverde Inn(Monteverde)
Great 4.5/5
Hotel El Tucan(Santa Elena)
  • Breakfast included
Cala Lodge(Monteverde)
El Establo(Monteverde)
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Los Pinos - Cabanas y Jardines(Cerro Plano)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsmariposa roomrecommend casahis wifeb bcosta ricamulti coursefour coursesan amazing cookcloud foresthuevos rancherossmall bed and breakfastthree roomsan amazing hostcevichehome away from homehelped us planfresh juice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Carlos was an amazing host. From the moment we got there he asked what we wanted to get out of our days in Monteverde and recommended places to go and things to see. Breakfast was incredible and if you get the chance to join him for dinner don't pass it up!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Absolutely amazing! Carlos and his wife made us feel like we were part of the family. The food was spectacular and the room was very comfortable. Carlos also helped us book multiple excursions, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Though I have relied extensively on TripAdvisor for travel planning in the past, I have never written a review until now. I am compelled to do so both because I have come to realize how helpful these reviews can be, and because our experience at Casa Batsu was so amazing.
My husband and I and our two sons spent two nights at Casa Batsu during our week-long travels in Costa Rica last month. Even before we arrived, Carlos had been very helpful in guiding our planning as we were really hoping to make the most of our time there. He was able to give us very helpful suggestions - though some of them were not according to what we had originally planned, his recommendations turned out to be excellent.
Our time actually at Casa Batsu was by far the most comfortable of our trip. By that, I mean not only the space (our room was lovely, and the grounds very inviting) but also the "vibe." Others have commented on how wonderful Carlos is and I doubt I can find words to add to that. He would frequently take unsolicited time to talk with us about our experiences in Costa Rica and his own life there. He was unflappable; when we changed plans at the last minute, he accommodated us with utter ease. In addition to Carlos, his entire team (including his wife, brother, housekeeper and groundskeeper) were incredibly warm; it is clear they take great pride in what they do. Our entire family really felt at home there; I'm not sure I've ever felt homesick for anyplace but home, but I did after we left Casa Batsu! He truly has a gift for this work and we feel fortunate to have experienced it.
Last but not least, the food was WONDERFUL! Healthy, delicious, and plentiful. We indulged in one of their dinners our last night and it was top two of our trip -- probably #1 because of the amazing service.
No doubt, we will be back!

Room Tip: Colibri is nice for families as it has two separate bedrooms as well as a kitchenette.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank katmom43
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Casa Batsu is the perfect, intimate, laid back B&B for adventurous honeymooners. Carlos, the owner, is an amazingly helpful host who helped us plan all our activities while we stayed in Monteverde. The property is a part of the family farm and you can walk out to a pasture to watch an absolutely breathtaking sunset. Keep walking and you'll find the coffee beans growing. The food is fresh, breakfast is phenomenal. Our room was lovely. Our stay really could not have been any better and we cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2014

From the moment we arrived until we left 6 days later my friends and I had the most amazing experience. Everything exceeded our expectations, from the location, the lovely rooms, the beautiful grounds teeming with bird life and the hospitality of Carlos and Paula who have created a haven In Monteverde and are superb hosts. Each morning we were greeted by a three course breakfast, each one different from the day before and each equally as delicious. We also had several evening meals here and again each was a gourmet delight. Carlos entertained us with history lessons, Spanish lessons and cooking tips and organised shuttles for us to and from Monteverde as well as tour guides for several trips. Each guide was knowledgeable and we wouldn't have seen as much bird and animal life without their expertise and Harry, our shuttle driver made the trip from San Jose very easy. We didn't have a car but it was an easy walk into the town. We can't speak more highly of our experience here and we were sorry when our time in Monteverde came to an end. I would highly recommend Casa Batsu to anyone wanting a personal experience in Monteverde in a peaceful environment. Jocelyn Jackson

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends