“The best coffee in Monteverde”

The Common Cup Community Coffee House and Roastery
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stopped by here for a really BIG mug of absolutely great coffee!
They have lots of choices, though not many organic choices for a dark roast coffee which I had hoped for. Even though it was the best mug of coffee I had while I were in Monteverde.

From this place I finally got some actually STRONG coffee! I like my coffee very strong and one thing which I was baffled about in coffee while in Costa Rica, was that most of the times the coffee I got was so thin that it tasted more like dish washing water than real coffee. Which was a shame, since Costa Rica being a good coffee origin country.

The mug I got here was actually more like a bucket of coffee. Even I couldn't drink all of it, it was so big. Staff spoke excellent English and service was good. Even though they forgot the milk from my coffee (!?) and I had to go and ask it again. Minor mistake, though. The place has a nice atmosphere and some tables also outside which luckily are not at the side of the road, instead a bit further away. So go and get a table from the outside "patio" and enjoy your bucket of good coffee.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Loved the Common cup so very much. Great service, great food and coffee, and a great hangout. It is very dearly missed. Heard what happened with the shared ownership and so sad about it.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I visited Costa Rica for the first time last week. I did most of my research on TA. I knew I would be staying 2 nights in Monteverde so I looked into coffee houses in this town. I recall what one reviewer said about the Common Cup and it seemed the reviewer knew their stuff, so I thought I'd try it. Boy am I glad I did. It wasn't too easy walk to (but not really hard, either - the town is pretty small).I had a latte' and my husband had cafe con leche. Both were high quality, but I liked his even better than mine because it was more rich. His not only tasted like a quality bean, but it seemed to have a hint of chocolate in the undertone. Splendid! Guess where I was my second morning in Monteverde? Yep, back for a cafe con leche. At one reviewer's suggestion, I also tried the banana cake, which was quite tasty. As it turned out, the joe here was, by far, the finest coffee we had on our getaway - and we stayed at a couple of high end hotels in Costa Rica; hate to say it, but the hotel coffees didn't come close to the bean at the Common Cup. Frankly, the coffee here rivaled any I've had in Europe and Puerto Rico, it really was that great.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was conveniently located next to the serpentium, and they are related to the night tour we took at a coffee plantation. Great tasting coffee.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great ambience and a good cup of coffee, including a great macchiato. There was great selection of cakes, which were also excellent.