El Establo(Monteverde)
$157
$113
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

Monteverde Inn(Monteverde)(Great Value!)
$35
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of $68/night.

Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$34
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $41/night.

Monteverde Lodge & Gardens(Monteverde)
$236
$96
$102
Hotel Belmar(Monteverde)
$159
All reviewsmain buildingcloud forestcosta ricalocal birdspancakeslovely balconymot motssanta elenasurrounded by naturebreakfast was deliciousthe breakfast areabeautiful viewsmall balconyoff the beaten pathbeautiful birdswalk into townrooms are spacious
Reviewed June 17, 2015

As an avid traveler, I would strongly say that Monteverde is my favorite destination by far and that Cala Lodge played a big part in my consideration. This hidden gem, within a 15 minute walk from the center of town, boasts beautiful mountain views. The lodge also has WiFi, the most delicious breakfast selection, and the kindest staff of any place I've ever stayed. One morning, rushing to leave for our tour, my friend and I did not have time to have breakfast but the staff so kindly packed us an assortment of fruits and other snacks insisting that we take it with us just in case. I cannot recommend Cala Lodge enough and I thank the staff for making this personalized experience one of the best, most relaxing vacations ever! Gracias y pura vida!

Room Tip: I believe we stayed at Cabin 3 on the ground level and had our own patio overlooking the mountains which was incredible
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2015

My family and I stayed in several places during a trip around Costa Rica, but the one we're still talking about a year later is the Cala Lodge. The staff was beyond friendly and the rooms were clean and beautiful.
We were the only guests at the hotel during our stay (there were 8 adults and a 6 month old baby). The staff was readily available with suggestions on places to go and nearby places to eat. They made our breakfasts fresh to order in the morning, and were always ready to make some coffee anytime.
We stayed in the suite rooms (one couple per room), so we had a small kitchen area. There was plenty of room for us to spread out and it really felt like a little apartment! My room's balcony faced out toward the trees and one morning we got the treat of seeing a whole group of monkeys swing and jump through the trees right in front of us!
There is a cute little walking trail around the grounds, and we saw a few other little animals around there. Definitely some greats sights!
Monteverde is a beautiful place, and this was definitely a great place to stay! I highly recommend it to other travelers.
Pura Vida!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2015

For various reasons I travel through Monteverde a few times every year. Whether I'm traveling alone or as part of a group I always choose Cala Lodge for its high standard of service, location, cost, and natural surroundings. Personally, I just love going there to watch the nature from my room's balcony or the spacious terrace off of the restaurant. My recent visit only solidifies my favorable review which has been growing for the past few years. Raquel, Francisco, and Santiago are the consummate hosts. Cala is a full service hotel and for a fraction of the cost found with other, larger operations. The distribution of the rooms at Cala (less than 20) across the three buildings of the spacious property provides an inviting, comfortable, and family atmosphere. The native, scenic natural landscape envelops you no matter where you stand on the property. There are numerous vantage points from which to enjoy the scenery, the closest being right from the balcony/porch of your room! Better yet, Cala Lodge is centrally located. With a short walk or brief cab ride you can be at any of Monteverde or Santa Elena's main attractions in just a few minutes. In a popular tourist destination like Monteverde, Cala Lodge could be considered a destination in its own right.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2015

My stay at the calalodge hotel was totally pleasant! I went there with my friends Zane we were all charmed by the place because it is a really calm place perfect for families! It was just like arriving at my own home.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2015

This beautiful place is hidden in Monteverde's natural sanctuary... Warm, cozy place, excellent service, friendly staff, great breakfast, awesome view, and great location, makes your Monteverde experience unforgettable!!!

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family