“Great Horseback riding experience. Great Value for the money.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Horse Trek Monteverde - Horseback Riding in Costa Rica

Horse Trek Monteverde - Horseback Riding in Costa Rica
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback Riding Stables in Costa Rica . Horse Trek Monteverde is based in the beautiful area of the Monteverde Cloud Forests. For over 18 years, Marvin Anchia and Janet Ellis have been offering horseback riding tours on well-loved and cared for horses. Rides include: 2.5 hours Mountain & Farm View Ride; 4 hours in the Clouds Ride; Eden Falls Secret Waterfall and Hike Combo; All Day Cowboy Ride and Multi-Day, 2-8 day Horseback Riding Holidays.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Horseback riding experience. Great Value for the money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Now I know why our tour guide recommended that we wait to do horseback riding in Monteverde.
Marvin has done a great job with those horses. So easy to handle so well trained was very impressed with this tour I have done horseback riding in other destinations but this was a real treat. He showed us how we could steer his horses with one finger and it was so true..
We got some great views of Monteverde, and stopped off at a little cafe surrounded by beautiful hummingbirds.
We even got to gallop with the horses scary at first for my first time but amazing how great the ride was.
The best part was Marvin showing us his Prize Stallion he was so beautiful and amazing.
He showed us some amazing tricks and let us play with him.
I would highly recommend this!!

2 Thank Sandy H
Marvin A, Manager at Horse Trek Monteverde - Horseback Riding in Costa Rica, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your great comments. So glad you enjoyed the ride.. I hope you keep up with the riding when you go home and come back soon!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great horses, great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I can definitely recommend this tour. The horses are extremely well trained and healthy.
Hence they are also good for beginners. However, if you are more experienced try to avoid going on a tour with beginners since they might not be able to control their horses properly which might spoil the fun a little.
If you want to do horseback riding in Costa Rica - do it here! Maybe not the most scenic ride but definitely amazing horses.

2 Thank Playa_sol_mar
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best horseback riding experience I've had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our tour guide recommended that we wait until Monteverde to do our horseback riding, and after spending the morning with Marvin we could see why! The horses are in beautiful condition, and were so well-trained you could steer them with one finger. Our group was very small (just 5 of us), which meant our guide could give us each individual pointers on controlling the horses. We got some great views of Monteverde in the sunshine, and stopped off at a nice little cafe surrounded by beautiful purple and green hummingbirds.
Unlike some other horseback riding tours I've done, we were encouraged to let our horses gallop, which was great fun. The real treat was left to the end however; Marvin showed us his prize horse Gladiator, and performed some amazing tricks with him, and even let us have a go.
It was one of the highlights of my trip in Costa Rica, and can wholeheartedly recommend it!

3 Thank HM687
Thank you for your great comments. So glad you enjoyed the ride..
Atlanta, Georgia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Marvin is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We did the 'sunset' ride, which was basically late afternoon. The ride itself didn't really have an objective, but the whole excursion was made worthwhile by the time we spent at Marvin's home. He did a number of tricks for us with his trained horse, including letting my kids get out there with it. Marvin is a great guy.

3 Thank RAW17
Marvin A, Owner at Horse Trek Monteverde - Horseback Riding in Costa Rica, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
So glad you enjoyed the horseback ride.. I hope you keep up with the riding when you go home and come back soon!
Stockholm
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great horses, guide and tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I took a tour of a few hours in December, and I really enjoyed it, the horses were so well trained and it was awesome to also get to see the guide Marvin in action training his horses when we stopped by his home. I hope I can go back sometime for a longer tour!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Ida657
Marvin A, Owner at Horse Trek Monteverde - Horseback Riding in Costa Rica, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed the ride... thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment. So appreciated!