“First time horse rider has the best experience”

Horse Trek Monteverde
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Horseback Riding Stables in Costa Rica . Horse Trek Monteverde is based in the beautiful area of the Monteverde Cloud Forests. For over 18 years, Marvin Anchia and Janet Ellis have been offering horseback riding tours on well-loved and cared for horses. Rides include: 2.5 hours Mountain & Farm View Ride; 3 hour Campesino Tour Scenic (away from everything!) 4 hours in the Clouds Ride Continental Divide); Eden Falls Secret Waterfall and Hike Combo; All Day Cowboy Ride and Multi-Day, 2-8 day Horseback Riding Holidays.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
West Sussex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“First time horse rider has the best experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

As a first timer, I was anxious about the 2 hours that was ahead of me. However, the horses and the staff were excellent. Instantly felt at ease and each horse was so well behaved. We were all at different levelsof experience and had a great time together. My horse in particular was wonderful. Thank you very much, highly recommend this.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Katbmh27

State College, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Google 'Monte Verde Marvin Horses' and you will see....”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Someone told us that Marvin has the most beautiful horses in Costa Rica. I can say Marvin keeps his horses extremely healthy and they are extremely well trained. I was thrilled that after Marvin saw that I wasn't a complete beginner on a horse, he switched with me part way and let me ride his stallion. And with all the blue morphis butterflys and monkeys to watch, it was nice to let the horse pay attention to the ground. And his demonstration with his dressage horse is not to be missed.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank HappyInItaly
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Absolute must, one of our favourite memories!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Me and my sister were travelling Costa Rica for 3 weeks and booked to do the horse riding with Marvin because we had a free afternoon. Best decision ever! It was just amazing, the views were stunning and Marvin is hilarious! We gave him nearly double what the price was because it was honestly worth it. We are both quite good riders and we wern't bored for a second, the horses are beautifully trained and each one of them uniquely talented, I rode Coyote who can dance!
If you are in Monteverde i couldn't recommend this more! Thank you Marvin!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank AHelenAs
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Horseback riding in Monteverde is a must!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My mom and I did a three hour horseback riding trip with Marvin 10 minutes after the big earthquake on sept 5th. We were a bit nervous as we thought the horses might be freaked out, and we were nervous about aftershocks. We decided to keep our reservation as we heard a lot about the gentle horses Marvin trains. I am so glad we didn't back out! The scenery was beautiful, the horses were so well mannered and looked after. Marvin kept calling them 'his babies' and they really are. Marvin is a goofball and makes the trip even more fun! We stopped at a place in a tiny town outside of Santa elena for coffee and met the family who runs that place. It was all such an incredible trip! We had to decide between this and ziplining, and this was much more worth it! I had been ziplinging before and am so glad we chose this!!! Marvin asked for 5 stars but he deserved them!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank andrejka08675
London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience in Monteverde”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My Mum and I rode in Monteverde with Marvin for 3 days, and it was wonderful! The horses were very well looked after, and extremely well trained, so much so that only nose bands are needed to control them, no bits! Marvin clearly loves his animals and takes good care of them. The scenery where we rode was stunning, with fabulous views on clear days all the way to the coast. When I arrived and Marvin said I'd be riding his 4 year stallion Fantasma, part of me was delighted that I would be riding such a beautiful horse, but part of me thought "oh no, I hope I can handle it!" But it turned out that Marvin certainly knew best, and the horse was a total gent. He has a whole range of horses for varying abilities so you'll be matched with a suitable animal. Overall, highly recommended, good value for money, great experience!

Visited June 2012