“Gives you a healthy respect for the snakes of Costa Rica!”
Review of Serpentario

Serpentario
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The serpentario was an excellent way to see and learn about a number of the snakes that you should be watching out for when you are navigating Costa Rica, as well as the a few lizards, tarantulas, and turtles. We spent about an hour and a half there, and while it was a self-guided tour, any questions we had were answered by the very knowledgeable staff member (he also helped point out several of the snakes that we could not spot!)

All reviews
"zip line"
"turtles"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Monteverde Serpentario was a great way to see all the native reptiles that may otherwise be hard to see.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I probably wouldn't have spent $9 on this on my own (go hiking, people!), but my five-year old thought it was great. The cages are actually pretty nice, and they have a good selection of Costa Rican snakes, most of which you can find with a bit of searching. I agree with the other comments that a guide to share information about the snakes would be an improvement here.

1  Thank DavMM
Reviewed January 17, 2013

It was reasonable. I am not really into these sorts of critters but it's a really good way to get some information about what you might run into and what to watch for! I went to get out of the wind outside, it was a bit overpriced for what I got out of it but could see other people being pleased. I got in a bit cheaper than the asking price and I would imagine that goes for anyone, don't pay the asking price for sure. The critters have nice environments, the bathroom was without toilet paper and paper towel, but that was rectified when i mentioned it.