“Our favourite restaurant in Monteverde”
Review of Cafe Cabure

Cafe Cabure
Ranked #4 of 6 Dessert in Monteverde
Cuisines: Argentinean, Contemporary, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Informal sophistication from breakfast to dinner in covered balcony overlooking Monteverde Cloud Forest. A well balanced menu includes the freshest salads, to unique dishes from Argentina and the World made all with freshest available ingredients. Homemade burgers and fries or Freshly made lasagna all done with the same passion for good food. Desserts start with Fudge Brownies and top with Handmade Chocolates from Costa Rica done daily. Chocolate tours for groups available upon request.
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I'm glad we walked by this during the day because finding it at night would be challenging. We arrived about 7:30 and were the first customers. The special that night was a filet mignon with chimichurri sauce. That sounded good since we had seafood the last two nights. Cafe Cabure has a winelist, which is not that common in Monteverde/St. Elena for reasons that are not clear to me. The steaks were cooked perfectly, and the sauce added nice flavor without being overpowering. For desert I had a chocolate-walnut soufle, while my wife had a coconut flan. Deserts were excellent. Overall this was our favorite restaurant in Monte Verde/St. Elena.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Trip Advisor is my travel bible. It has never steered me wrong. When I looked up Monteverde this evening, the top place to for dinner (that was not a coffee bar) was Cafe Cabure. I will say that the map to get to the restaurant could be improved. We had to use our town map from the tourist bureau and have our hotel check in gal tell us how to get there. Glad we persevered. I ordered the lasagna as was recommended by a poster on Trip Advisor. It did not disappoint. It was delish and I could not eat it all. The homemade balsamic salad dressing for the salad was so tasty. The salad ingredients were very fresh.

I have not had one of their homemade chocolates yet, but my husband tells me they are excellent.

You will not be disappointed with this restaurant. The owners are very cordial and interesting and the staff very caring.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

There are a number of pretty good restaurants in Monteverde, but this was our favorite. The proprietor, Susanna made it a point to get to know all of her customers, and in true Costa Rican fashion (even thought she isn't a Tico), she was warm and inviting.

If you're tired of Gallo Pinto (the standard Costa Rican black beans and rice faire), Susanna has a great chef that blends a variety of international cuisine. She even has a nice selection of wines- which isn't always the case in Costa Rica.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The cuisine in the area is sadly lacking. This cafe was a welcome exception to the low quality and indifferent service we had elsewhere. The Argentinian owner overseas the cafe and engages with the customers. Service was excellent and the food was very good. The fish is brought in fresh daily from the coast and was served with very tasty char-grilled vegetables.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Over the course of 5 days, I ate at many of the restaurants in Monteverde. Cafe Cabure was by far the best food, service, view and atmosphere! The menu has options for lighter fare as well as fuller meals. The food is local, fresh, and delicious! There is an indoor dining room as well as a porch that looks out over the valley to the Pacific.

Our server, Jennifer, was very knowledgable and so friendly. She helped us pick out wine to go with our meal. It was just what we wanted. On our first visit to Cafe Cabure, I had a chicken curry wrap and my friend had the filet. We were both very happy with our meals. During our second visit, I had the lasagna that is made with homemade pasta. It was amazing. I ate the whole thing, even though it was probably more than I needed to eat. It was just too good to stop eating.

Then after dinner, we had some of the chocolates that are made in the restaurant. Holy cow are the chocolates good; so smooth and flavorful. We also spoke to the owners, who are so friendly and very interesting. If you are in Monteverde, do yourself a favor and go to Cafe Cabure! (And buy some chocolate to take with you. You will be sad when you are back home and have no more of Cafe Cabure's chocolate.)

1  Thank Meg W