“Good food and great chocolate, but. . .”
Review of Cafe Cabure

Cafe Cabure
Ranked #4 of 6 Dessert in Monteverde
Cuisines: Argentinean, Contemporary, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Informal sophistication from breakfast to dinner in covered balcony overlooking Monteverde Cloud Forest. A well balanced menu includes the freshest salads, to unique dishes from Argentina and the World made all with freshest available ingredients. Homemade burgers and fries or Freshly made lasagna all done with the same passion for good food. Desserts start with Fudge Brownies and top with Handmade Chocolates from Costa Rica done daily. Chocolate tours for groups available upon request.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food was good, but my fiancé did get a large piece of metal in his wrap at lunch. He didn't say anything, so I can't really mark it down for that. The food was just average, but the chocolates we got on a different day were fabulous!!!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Cabure

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went there for lunch today mostly because of the good reviews and my daughter being a real chocolate lover. We arrived at 12:45 and there was only one other table with patrons ( a father & young son). Despite that service was very slow and we were only able to leave at 2:00 because my wife went into the kitchen to tracker the waitress down. At that point we were the only table left. The worst part was the two owners themselves were sitting and having a drink with what appeared to be a friend only three tables away and completely ignored us. No greeting, no comment even when my wife went into the kitchen to find the waitress....they couldn't have cared less. The food I will say was very good but was also quite pricey. Three of us had wraps (2 beef and one chicken) and one had a chicken burger. We ordered 3 soft drinks and one iced coffee for drinks and for dessert had 2 truffle plates (3 small truffles per plate), one brownie dessert and one plain vanilla ice cream. The chocolate was good but noting special. Total bill $78.00 USD. Nearly $80 for wraps, soft drinks and a bit of chocolate strikes me as overpriced considering all the very good restaurants in Costa Rica. I wonder if the good reviews on Tripadvisor have gone to there head.....

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We came here twice during our 2-day visit to Monteverde because all the ingredients they use are so fresh. The salads are the thing to get - huge, loaded with fresh veggies and a good variety of choices. The wraps are also very good and creative. Sit on the patio which overlooks the forest. Very peaceful. For drinks be sure to try the Ginger Mint Tea - it's a frozen blended drink with a surprisingly refreshing taste.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us. The food was really high-quality and delicious. We sat on the balcony and the clouds rolled in around us. It was quite a beautiful site. We spoke to Susanah and Bob, the owners. Susanah created the menu based on all of the places she's travelled to so it's quite a variety of food. Bob did the chocolate tour right after lunch. The chocolate was decadent. He explained the entire production of chocolate starting from the cacao tree and gave us a history on the origin of chocolate. I felt like I got a real understanding about how chocolate is produced, how time consuming it is and how much love it put into real chocolate.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family visited Cabure Restaurant after reading a review on www.monteverdetours.com restaurant guide. We were not disappointed! Great views from the balcony restaurant. Good food and great service, Food was fresh and a little bit different from the usually menus in Costa Rica, probably because the owner is from Argentina and lives to incorporate the flavours.

I would recommend this restaurant to those coming to Monteverde Costa Rica