“Lovely space, mediocre massage”
Review of Rio Shanti Spa - CLOSED

Rio Shanti Spa
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Novato, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lovely space, mediocre massage”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

we went to Rio Shanti based on the rave reviews. Janet was very nice and welcoming and we heard that she gave great massages. Unfortunately, she did not massage us. My husband and I had two other masseuses and they were disappointing. We have received massages all over the world and I would say these were overpriced and under delivered.

Visited January 2012

Irvine, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Love the dog!”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Bruiser is a little white fluffy dog that I couldn't stop petting. Didn't have a massage there but I'll bet my stress levels went down anyway with that sweet pooch! Cute shop with friendly owners and hand-painted tiles, among other gift items.

Chicago
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“One of the best massages that I ever had!”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We were referred by our hotel, Cala Lodge to have massages at Rio Shanti, and we were so glad that we did! They were so friendly and tailored to your personal need for the massages. I felt so relaxed after visiting the place! It definitely was a nice surprise visiting Monteverde!

Pine, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Don't miss this class or opportunity”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

YOga while on vacation in CR can't be missed. Its a great value, great instructors and wonderful setting.

1 Thank teresa m
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Yoga Changed My Life...”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I lived in Monteverde for 6 months and had never really done yoga. After living there for about two months, I decided to try out a yoga class at Rio Shanti. I had heard good things and my running routine "up the mountain" was starting to put painful strain on my ankles and other muscles. I thought maybe yoga could help me stretch and strengthen my muscles.

All I can say is, I'm SO glad I decided to try yoga at Rio Shanti. Michael starts every Vinyasa class by reminding you that we all come into class at different levels and making everyone feel at ease. I LOVE yoga in general now but am especially impressed with the spiritual element that most of the teachers at Rio Shanti bring to their teaching. The combination of breathing, motivation, and challenge to the body is simply amazing here. In fact, as I move back to Brooklyn, NY, I am going to continue my yoga practice. Yoga is now part of my lifestyle. I feel like a healthier, happier, and more aware human being.

The owners, Janet and Michael are the nicest people you will ever meet. I really love them and they will feel like your own family after only having met them once.

You can also get a 4 week unlimited yoga pass for only $24. Can't beat that. I completely took advantage of that and took 3 to 4 classes a week!!

I can't say enough good things about Rio Shanti and Janet and Michael. Please go visit and share the joy!

Namaste.