Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews sugar cane coffee tour coffee beans our tour guide great tour dark roast gift shop coffee plantation juice costa rica entire process production process making coffee growing coffee chocolate production roasting process ox cart
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our family (me, husband and teenage son) really enjoyed this tour. My husband and I love coffee and learned some interesting facts about the coffee process. I personally, really enjoyed the Chocolate part (I love chocolate) and my son had fun when he got to try extracting the syrup from the sugar cane. Overall the tour exceeded our expectations. We also bought some coffee and chocolate to bring home.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My two teenage daughters and I took the coffee tour, even though none of us drink coffee. It was interesting to see the coffee growing process. The talk at the beginning was a bit long, we must have sat there for almost an hour listening to the history of coffee. Walking around the fields and seeing the different stations with the different steps to processing the coffee beans was more interesting.

You get to sample lots of coffee at the end, which was kind of wasted on us since we don't like coffee. You also get to sample some chocolate covered coffee beans during the talk at the beginning.

They also talk about growing cocoa beans for chocolate, but it was confusing since it turns out they don't grow them there. They also have a demonstration with sugar cane that is pretty tasty.

It is gorgeous there, as it is in all of Monteverde.

It was not our favorite excursion in Monteverde, but a nice thing to do when it is raining too hard to go zip lining or hiking. I'm glad I got to see how coffee is grown since Costa Rica produces so much of it.

There is a gift shop and bathrooms. We were there about two hours for the tour.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

A lovely tour of the plantation with fantastic coffee and delicious chocolate and sugar cane. Lots to do and see. Worth a visit!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was such a surprise...we thought we were going on a 2 hour coffee tour and got much more. They took us through the entire process of how the plants grow to how it is picked, roasted, etc. But then we also learned about cacao and learned how they make chocolate out of cacao. Sugar cane was next on the tour, we pressed sugar cane out of the cane stalk and drank it with a slice of lime...wonderful.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I did the 3 in 1 night tour. We were the only two people there. One of the guides (Orlando) showed us a coffee shrub and explained about the beans but it was clear to him that we really wanted to see animals (and it became clear to us that so did he). So... We spent the next hour and a half walking through the forest at night! The other guide (Junior) went ahead and radioed back if he found anything interesting. We saw three sloths (one so close we could have pet it), plenty of frogs, insects, and spiders (including a tarantula), an owl, and a night hawk. It was a night to remember and, without doubt, the best thing we did in Costa Rica. Thanks guys!

1  Thank Julian_Carroll