“So much fun!”

More Info
and up
Canopy Tour in Monteverde
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I am afraid of heights, but decided that this was something that I wanted to do and it was absolutely worth it! It drizzled almost the enitre time, but it was a blast. Our guides were very helpful, informative and took photos and video for us. You have incredible views and you have the option of repelling from one of the trees. I thought I was going to pass out at first, but the rush was incredible and climbing back up through the hollow tree was very cool. The tarzan swing is at the beginning of the trip and for me that was by far the scariest part.

Be prepared to hike and if given the option have them pick you up becuase we drove around for almost an hour trying to find it even with the gps. (gps not so good in Monteverde, just fyi)

All reviews
"photos and videos"
"adrenaline rush"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Had a great tour with Original Canopy - good safety instructions and explanation of what to do. 800m zip line was brilliant and rapelling down from the fig tree was a highlight. Only 6 in our group so hardly any waiting around with 2 guides.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

The views were amazing!! The guides were very professional and they explained all the safety instructions well. I felt safe the whole time. The tarzan swing was great fun, climbing up inside a tree was great and the 800 meter zip line 150 ft up was brilliant. There were 3 of us with 2 guides. One of the guides took our camera and got excellent pictures and videos. My kids absolutely loved it and so did I. I did a lot of reseach to find somewhere safe to do this as it's not regulated in Costa Rica and was very pleased with this tour. I have zip lined many placed before.

1  Thank emmske
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I am a scaredy cat when it comes to heights but I decided to push myself to give this a try. I'm so glad I did! There is a warm-up with a tarzan swing that gets you in the mindset for the ziplining. The first few zips are short and then they gradually get longer. I loved the zipping but hated waiting on the platforms in the trees-that gave me too much time to look down and freak out! The guides were safety first all the way and made sure to hook you on to the lines on the platform as soon as you got there. They also took great pictures and a video for us which was fantastic. They even figured out how to use the video on my friend's camera and she didn't even know how to do that! I was so glad the rappel straight down was optional. I also liked that you can opt out before the last two zips which are the longest. I went through with it and I'm so glad I did. They were the best part. But, if you were having a stressful time, it's nice to know there is an out. There were only 5 of us in the group which was awesome because it cut down on the wait time at each platform. We are really glad we picked Original Canopy. We figured it had less bells and whistles but that it was the first so they know what they are doing. We were right!

2  Thank Seanie38
See more reviews
Reviewed February 27, 2012

My wife and I did a zip lining in Monteverde during our honeymoon stay in CR. My wife is afraid of heights and was not looking forward to this. This turned out to be one of many highlights for her on our honeymoon. The company picks you up at the hotel and takes you to their office to get you fitted in the gear. I recommend wearing comfortable shoes, shorts and shirt and light jacket. You are in the trees most of the time, so the sun is blocked. There is also a little hiking to do. The staff was super friendly and helpful. They made sure that everyone was having a good time and knew what they were doing and that they were comfortable with it. There was a total of 6 people in our group with 2 guides. One of the guides took each couples camera and took pictures and videos of everyone the whole time. You go on I believe 12 zip lines, repel down about a 100 plus feet and then climb inside a tree to get back up to the platform. They also have tarzan swing to start the adventure out to get your comfortable.

It was honestly a blast and having such a professional staff made it that much more fun and safe feeling. The views you get on some of the lines are just unreal. A couple people saw some white throat monkeys, but they ran away by the time the rest of us got to the platform.