“great for picky eaters”
Review of Stella's Bakery

Stella's Bakery
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Stella's Bakery has been in operation for 23 years and offers the best home cooked meals, pastries, baked goods, sandwiches,shakes,smoothies and many more delicious items you can taste while in Monteverde. Please visit us, we are open Tuesday to Sunday from 7:00 a.m till 4 p.m Also we count with dinner options during the high season with organic and exlusive options.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

They have an interesting system here that ensures you get exactly what you want on your sandwich. They give you a marker and a card listing sandwich ingredients. You tick off exactly what you want. Huge windows all around plus the warm wood interior provide a pleasant environment. I was treated to a show just outside the window of a racoon eating some food left for him by the owners.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I would suggest this place mostly for a coffee and a quick bite, its got a great location as its the last place to stop to get something before you get in the Monteverde reserve and the first place you'll see as you return.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

the atmosphere, decoration and the taste of the desserts are one of a kind. I thought my beach town Santa Teresa had the best bakery in Costa Rica but now I know there is a better place up in the cloud forest. A must after hiking the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve trails.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The unique soup which they served had us returning the next two days. It was some kind of spinach, potato, egg, etc. combination. Other items were quite tasty as well. The owner and I believe her son were very kind and assisted me with my limited Spanish as I tried to practice while stumbling through our order.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stopped here after visiting the cloudforest!! My husband ordered a sanwich where you were able to pick everything you wanted on it! He chose the turkey with the fried cheese! He loved it and continued to refer to that sandwich throughout our trip. I had the corn quiche which was amazing! We had a young gentleman help us out and then set us up for a coffee tour later that same day! Would highly recommend!!!