“We stayed here for the restaurant next door!”

Best Western Jet Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gallarate
florida
“We stayed here for the restaurant next door!”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The Jet Hotel is fine, if you book at least the middle grade room. Ours was clean and quiet. The PC in the room was available for 8Euros. They have free shuttle service to the hotel in the mornings, and it is on time. The staff speak English and are helpful.The pool was being rebuilt this time. Last time, we enjoyed it with a bottle of cold white wine from the bar. So, we re-packed and napped, then had dinner.
We have stayed here twice on our way out of Milan, in order to eat at the restaurant in the red house next door to the hotel. It is wonderful-all locals that night, but us. A very good last Italian meal before leaving for the USA.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2011

In a rundown part of town. Swimming pool under repair and unusable. Not a 4 star hotel

• Stayed May 2011

Travelers are raving about these Gallarate hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I had chosen this hotel because of it's location to the airport. Prior to arrival, my previous hotel in Florence contacted the Best Western to find out the best way to reach their place from the Milan train station. They provided two names of busses that I could take. Upon arrival at the Milan train station I spent over 2 hours looking for these busses without any luck. I finally caved in and took the 7.50euro bus to the Airport in hopes of then getting transportation to the hotel.

When I got to the Airport all information centers were closed and after an hour of asking around a nice gentlemen called the hotel for me to find out how to get there. The hotel does not provide any pick up service even though they 'claim' they are 7 minutes away. My only option was to take a cab. The first cab driver said it would cost 50 euros. I wandered around some more in hopes of an alternative. And finally after 4 hours of trying to get to this hotel, I caved in and got a cab. Fortunately it did not cost 50 euros, but it was 25 euros and made me wish I just stayed at the Sheraton located right at the airport. They are not 7 minutes away, more like 15-20 without any traffic.

When I got to the hotel, I was disappointed with the rudeness of the front desk staff when they eventually appeared. I had already had such a struggle to get there and to have someone be rude just made it worse.The location, hotel and room were gloomy and in an area that felt very unsafe. I felt uncomfortable staying there alone (I live in NYC), and was so sorry I had tried to save some money by choosing this place.

In the morning I went down to the lobby and waited for my ride to the airport (this one was free if during their specific schedule) and asked for a username and password to get online with my laptop. I still had 15 minutes before leaving for the hotel, however the woman at the from counter said "You want it now!?" And then looked at her watch and back at me annoyed.

Such a sad and unfortunate way to leave such a wonderful trip to a wonderful country.

I hope this recommendation helps, as I just wouldn't want anyone to have the same unfortunate experience as I had. Spend the extra money - stay at the airport. It's worth it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here