“Gone if you like Russian's”

MC Arancia Resort Hotel
Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Konakli
Dewsbury UK
“Gone if you like Russian's”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This hotel is made up of 90% Russia families and some German,Dutch families which was ok and no English people.The thing that spolies the place is at meal times when it is like a bun fight a free for all with Russia famlies taking all the food with plate full of food on there tables and then wasting it.No lights at night in the corriords no waiter servies.The only thing was the waiters when there know you was English there would talk to you and do anything you asked.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Went with my partner who booked in Ukraine (she is Ukranian). I , was the only Englishman, Eastern European and German. Where do I start, paid extra for sea view on arrival, balcony door jammed, three times, maintenence 'fixed' 3 times, lasted each time about 10 mins then jammmed again! Air conditioning not on. Gym poor, health and safety here would close down, straps on bike pedals missing, wouldn't put lights on, running machine torn runner. Most lights in bulding not on, very dark around passage ways and lift area
s.

No interest in moving us, I insisted on day 3 a meeting with manager, he smiled a lot but wasn't really interested, why should he, he's got my money, I paid £600 for pleasure of being in about 28 degrees with no a/c (not on as not main season, joke) and couldn't get fresh air as couldn't open balcony door! Booked double room, two single beds pushed together! Room ok, fairly clean bit needs re furb on carpets etc, cigarette burn, faded carpets etc.

Small beach area in front of hotel (their's) was hassled by beach seller flogging knock off perfumes, then insulted badly by him as we didn't buy and told by him he hopes I die quickly amongst other things I cannot put into print, held back by other guests and my partner. I can fight any Saturday night in London why do I need this on holiday! Hotel not interested but when I picked up phone to summon police they got their security staff to get involved, too late!!!!

Upside: yes there was. Pool area and gardens very nice, inclusive food very good with waiters, chefs and bar staff I must say excellent and friendly, go get jobs in good hotel guys and girls you are too good for MC Arancia!

I can go on and on and on. I requested a refund in part, told by manager to pursue travel ageny but as my girlfriend said Ukranian travel agency not like UK they will have no interest. Please do not stay here, save your money, read trip advisor reiews always, we all can't be wrong!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dave-Croydon

Travelers are raving about these Konakli hotels

Brcko, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Great Honeymoon.
Stayed 7 days in 2007 with my wife, had all-day fun in pool and on the sea.

Food was nice, drinks also, I tried probably all off them.

Cause after midnight is very peaceful around hotels and we were interested in night life we recommend going from Konakli with minibus to Alanya partying.

Only few people understand English in hotel but outside they speak more than 3-4 language, especially at the Alanya bazaar.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Aleksandar_BC
Hungary
Reviewed August 22, 2009

The hotel is a joke!
5* oh my God! Everything dirty, the plates, the cutleries, the room, the carpet, the shower!
The telephone nowhere, the cable sticks out from the wall only.
The food every day same thing, they get residual one, the glasses dirty!
The employees do not speak neither in English, neither in German , only a couple of words!
The day beds are reserved on the coast of the pool, what is offered for money next!
Scandal!
There is a very kind, waiter speaking well in German on the other hand: Ceylani Tekeli alias Geremy in atrio Bar. Let them appreciate it because there are few values in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gabe80
Prague
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed for 1 week with 2 children. Our first good impression of the family room with a sea view was the last one... Disco till 2.30 a.m. in front of the window, poor offer of food, non-drinkable wines and spirits, all at very cheap level. The beach is large but flat rocks one metre after you enter the water are not comfortable for children nor adults. If you want better holiday in Turkey, chose Joy chain.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Eindhoven
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Despite many negative reviews, I decided to give Arancia a shot, since I was a bit late with booking and Arancia seemed to be one of the few options that met my criteria. Now I know that I should pay more attention to the reviews at tripadvisor! The place is a total rip-off. By no means can it receive more than 3* as a hotel and the food is probably among the worst in the whole country (I am Turkish, so I have a pretty good idea). Sanitation seems to be the last thing they care about. The hotel is full of Russian tourists and apparently they choose Arancia for the price. Having cashed their checks, the management does its best to cut down the costs; so bad food, bad service (my friend's broken AC was not repaired for 5 days), hard-to-get drinks (you have to walk back from the beach to the bar to get a beer in a tiny plastic cup), etc "make sense" from their point of view. On the positive side, the animation team is quite friendly and nice (although their shows were ridiculously bad) and there is a great disco at walking distance (I tried hard to find other positive points, but I could not). I will never go there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank ObjectiveTiTAN
moskov
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I was making holliday for 2 weeks in arancia otel alanya.tere was a great day i spend in my life.everithing i can imagine was in there.i like to tanks for management and employes .i like them very much and i ll go back again in august.Animation team is very good.Specialy the Dj (Dj Bobby) is very good and realy profesional & perfect house music player.Brings me alive.TANKS FOR EVERITHING.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank yalidiya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Konakli
M.C. Park Beach Resort
White City Resort Hotel
White City Resort Hotel
#3 of 371 in Alanya
Quattro Beach Spa & Resort

Been to MC Arancia Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!