“Good hotel”

Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Konakli
Prague, Czech Republic
“Good hotel”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 11 nights with my girlfriend. First day we were upset because of waiting for our room. We arrived at 12, room should be available from 14, but we waited until 15.30. And receptionist was annoyed. But we got a really nice room on the top floor with sea view.

The big problem is the noise. You can hear everything what people do next to room (speaking, laughter...) the worst is slamming with doors.

Food was really delicious. Every day rich choice of food. But for orange juice you have to pay 1€, for cocktails at bar 6€.

Access to the beach is either underpass or overpass, because of busy road which is in front of the hotel. For two days at underpass was the smell of sewage and we prefered overpass :-)

On the beach is mess from tourist is really disgusting, but sea itself is perfect. Recommend visit Cleopatra beach, very nice place!

We enjoyed our holiday very much and is good value for little money.

Room Tip: try to choose a room on the top floor (3rd floor)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vikm81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Budapest
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The travel agency sold a five-star hotel. No way was not even low-end one to five stars. Mainly in the evening and just met a middle four stars. The pool bar is just gyros, and the other on the beach and could only eat hamburgers. But what I really liked is the patisserie-cafe. If you wanted real coffee beans on coffee varieties may be free of charge during the day and drink at two o'clock in the afternoon you to add a variety of pastries. The room was simple but very clean. What I did not like the tunnel leading to the beach. At times it was a very bad smell, somewhat in the middle of a tube because some liquid dripped down the wall. I was there last minute discounted prices compared to the prices in Turkey, therefore, accepted and found to be good value for the money. Normal price would have felt really bad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Edit K
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have just come back from a fantastic family holiday with friends. The weather was beautiful, the hotel clean and the aquapark was brilliant. There were 4 children in our party ranging from age 4 and 7. They all loved it and enjoyed having independence around the pool. The slides are great for all ages but the poolside is very slippery. Food was lovely and catered for all tastes. The all inclusive drinks menu was limited and entertainment was very basic and funny for all the wrong reasons, but this didn't detract from a great holiday. As being english we were in the minority but it posed no problems and we certainly didn't understand the negative comments on some of the other reviews. We have never felt so relaxed with the children and could always c them around the aqua park. We will hopefully return next year. Overall we went with a positive attitude and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank dennisfamily4
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have worked in the travel sector for a long time so I like to think that I have reasonable expectations when booking a hotel. We travelled from the UK as an English/Dutch family with two adults and one child (3 yrs) and another Dutch family with two adults and 2 children (2 and 4 yrs) from Holland and stayed for 11 nights in September 2013.
I guess the reason that I was quite disappointed is because this hotel is being advertised which it is not, it is partially inclusive. Travel agencies should be a lot clearer about this so that people can have realistic expectations and will therefore give better reviews. I will break it down so you will have a better idea of what to expect.

Rooms
We booked the family room with extra bedroom and it was really spacious. Loads of wardrobe space so you can easily put everything in a place and keep it tidy. The cleaning lady was absolutely lovely, she really kept our room clean and made the nicest sculptures from towels on our beds. We always had enough towels and they were all clean. My husband and I are used to memory foam beds so we didn't really like the hard spring beds, but I guess that that is just personal preference.

Lunch and dinner are absolutely fantastic. Like I said before, I have worked in various hotels but never have I seen so much food being served and taste that good. Fresh meats and fish are grilled outside and there are crazy amounts of salads available. Desserts were fantastic and always plenty of fruit. Breakfast is served from 7 to 10am and could have done with a bit more variation. There were fried eggs, omelets, pancakes, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, but as no spices are used it all tasted a bit bland and the same after 11 days. Of course I missed my ham and bacon, but that was to be expected. Always enough bread though, toaster and various cereals for the kids.
From 10 to 11am they served extended breakfast were most of the eggs, pancakes and other food would be removed and you would have just boiled eggs, scrambled eggs and other cold toppings.
Snacks however are only served from 12 until 4pm and this has been the biggest issue for us. We always book all inclusive so you don't have work around the restaurant times like when booking half board or full board. But having this huge gap from 4pm until dinner time at 7pm is unacceptable in an all inclusive resort. We would have no food after coming back from a trip after 4pm having to feed my son crisps or pastries whenever he was hungry. Eftalia Village is based in a remote location with no restaurants or anything nearby and when asking the reception if they could have food delivered they weren't able or chose to not help us out. Needless to say that I wasn't impressed as I think that a resort in a remote location should be able to offer this service. The evening snack is only soup and bread, not nice after a few drinks and with the evening temperature still over 20 degrees. Really not happy about this at all.

A la Carte Restaurant
We had dinner in the Turkish restaurant and it was a horrible experience. There was only 1 waiter for 10 big tables resulting in him trying to rush us through the whole meal. You were required to buy a bottle of wine if you wanted wine and only when saying that I would get a glass from the bar instead, he got me one. It was so unpleasant that we didn't even stay for dessert.

Drinks
Drinks are only included from 10am until 12am. You can get the usual fizzy drinks, juices out of machines (not really juices), hot drinks and water. Alcohol only includes red/white wine, beer, local vodka, local rum, local brandy and local gin and again only until 12am. Cocktails are not included which I think is ridiculous as this is what you're looking forward to when going on holiday, and at 6 euro (15 lira) quite expensive as well. Fresh orange juice is 1 euro (2,5 lira). In the daytime alcoholic drinks are served in glasses but in the evening time in small plastic cups unless you save one of your glasses. The cleaning lady always left loads of water in the room which we really appreciated.

Ice Cream
Ice creams are only available in the pool bars from 2 till 4pm, resulting in long queues. All ice creams outside of these hours had to be paid for.

Swimming pools
The swimming pools were great and always clean. There is a adult only pool, an activity pool and a kids pool with slides. Downside is that the big slides would only be available from 2pm. There were always sunbeds available which is a good thing. As mentioned in many other reviews, the floor is super slippery. I've seen many kids fall hard and they should really do something about this.

Beach
Our kids loved playing on the beach. There were enough sunbeds as most people would go to the pools. The stones are only near the water so the kids had enough sand to play with. No white sand but always clean. There are all kinds of water activities nearby, we actually did some parasailing ourselves which was great.

Location
The resort is very remote which I wouldn't have minded if there would have been
more shops, bars and restaurants nearby. The nearest city is Konakli which is a lovely little town with a stunning mosque and some good restaurants. You can also go to Alanya which is about 20 by bus/taxi. Great restaurants there and very nice to visit the harbour where you can see several pirate ships. We did a 4 hour boat trip with the Vikingen pirate ship, which is highly recommended. Just make sure to barter and don't believe everything that they are saying when they are selling trips because they like to make things better than they really are.

Spa
I had the peeling/foambad/medical massage package for 35 euro (90 lira) and it was a nice experience. However, I would recommend to pick any other massage than the medical massage as this massage is more as an assessment so they can sell you more 'therapy'. My husband however had a sport massage and absolutely loved it. He actually went for a second massage.

Kids Animation
There was no kids club like advertised but I think that this might have been because high season had finished. Kids were allowed to dance on the entertainment stage in the evening, but that was about it. There is a play hall with pool tables, Playstation and other activities against payments. There are also some climbing frames and a trampoline (2 euros or 5 lira for 10 minutes). We kept our kids busy ourselves as they are quite young but for older kids there should have been more.

Entertainment
Entertainment is very poor and unprofessional and mostly focussed on the German and Russian customers. We only really enjoyed the Movie Quiz were you had to guess what soundtrack belonged to which movie. Was good fun!

Staff
We were welcomed at the reception by the manager and he was lovely. We requested to be placed in the same building as our family and this was done without trouble. However, we were told to leave our suitcases outside with the bellboy so that we could go and have something to eat and when we came back our suitcases were gone! After the manager called around it turned out that our suitcases were sent off with a bus to another hotel. It took them nearly 2 hours to get them back and when the bellboy brought them up he was holding his hand up for a tip which I think was quite rude after what happened. My husband gave him a euro and he was not happy about that. Our cleaning lady was lovely, even though she didn't speak much English, she would always give us loads of lovely smiles and would hug me when giving a tip. Most of the bar staff was really nice, especially Gunay who would always play with our kids and serve our drinks with a big smile. M.Ali was also very lovely. We didn't have much contact with the restaurant waiters as we would usually drink water and they would serve tables of people drinking alcoholic drinks. We spent about 150-200 lira on tips for the staff that was really nice to us but they were really worth it.

Conclusion
We had a great holiday but all the little things together makes me not recommending this hotel to anyone. I have been to various all inclusive resorts and never did I have to pay for so many things. This is not an all inclusive resort but a partially inclusive resort. Travel agencies should be a lot clearer about this so that people can have more realistic expectations and less disappointment. So to be clear, it is not a bad hotel but it has a lot of room for improvement. I hope that this review will help you out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
19 Thank Sylvana81
belfast
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks at start of September paid for a 3 bedroom family room and it was very spacious it had 2 twin rooms and a double room with plenty of cupboard space, pools with water slides where very busy and floor very skippy but if u walk and take ur time not an issue we went to bigger pool was quieter and never had a problem getting sunbeds. Food was lovely fruit salads meat chips something different every night, catered more for Dutch and Germans but we didn't have a problem with this. Ice cream is between 2 and 4pm daily and was yummy all in all lovely holiday

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank ehill288
Antrim, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

One of the best places ive ever stayed in! I came on and read a lot of bad reports about this place before I had went and it had me very worried! people that write bad expect to much in life!! you go in and you embrace every little thing you see and appreciate it! its you holiday and its you that makes it! staff were very helpful at this resort! especially the cocktail man! he helped everyone around him! he ever went to the dinning tables and sorted them out lifted peoples plates! ive never seen a member of staff work so hard in my life while 2 members of staff stood behind him and never helped! if you are looking to go to Alanya do not get a taxi in! get the bus! it stops across the motorway and it comes every ten mins! lovely area

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jacqueline M
Howden, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Don't be put of by bad reviews, I travelled here with my sister 17year old son 15 year old son and 9 year old daughter in May 2013, the place was spotless and the cleaning man was on the go constantly emptying ashtrays collecting empty drinks cups and mopping the floor, couldnot fault the cleanliness at all, the pool was also very clean and quite quiet at times as all the kids go up to the water park end. the food was pretty much the same but we all enjoyed it and found something to suit each day. only one other british family there so if you are going to make friends then be prepared to befriend foreigners, we made friends with a dutch family and a turkish family, but we didnt go abroad to spend it with British people. We also made great friends with the lads in the shops on the site as the staff are all very friendly. had no complaints whatsoever and the price was unbelievable, I think some of the people who wrote bad reviews want 5 star a la carte for budget price!! the put up bed in our apartment kept folding up when my sister was in it but we just took it out of the room and the staff replaced it, problem solved! our room was cleaned everyday and we had air cond, the shower was amazing (power shower) and much needed after a day sunbathing, the entertainment was mostly in german and we didnt have a clue but still had a good time as your time is what you make it. The beach is mostly shale and stone and some say its dirty it is not dirty its just volcanic type sand which is dark and full of shale so it gives the look of dirt, we had fotos done down there and they were amazing by the guys at the hotel. would defo go back only one minor issue wa shtere werent enough brollues to go round however i get up at 6am every morning and got 5 sunbeds and 2 brollies, waited for the kids to surface usually around 9am and I went for my breakfast, problem solved.
Ala in all had a great week and for £1200 all in! cant go wrong and would definitely go back!!

Room Tip: Ask for an Apartment rather than a room, they have 2 bedrooms and a walk in wardobe with private bal...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Sarah-Jane B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Konakli
Alan Xafira Deluxe Resort & Spa
Quattro Beach Spa & Resort
Eftalia Aqua Resort
Eftalia Aqua Resort
#8 of 15 in Turkler

Been to Eftalia Holiday Village? Share your experiences!