“Bera Hotel Alanya - Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bera Hotel Alanya

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Konakli
Bera Hotel Alanya
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Konakli
Leeds
“Bera Hotel Alanya - Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We just returned yesterday (2nd November 2012) after staying for 7 nights. We were two adults and 2 children (ages 3 and 6). We were a bit apprehensive before our stay but everything worked out just great alhamdullilah. Our flight was delayed so we arrived at the hotel around 4am and had no problems. The room was spacious and very clean and we had it cleaned every other day (although not a problem to have cleaned each day). Even though the staff spoke little English, they were very polite, friendly and helpful. It took us a few days to work out the full range of free facilities offered by the hotel which were plenty to say the least. The main reason for hotel selection was to relax within a halal environment and there was no disappointment here. There was a nice prayer room (Level A) with call to prayer 4 times daily. Level A does have the problem that it is only 6 feet high but I suspect there must be some valid reason for this. If I was taller than 6 feet then perhaps I would be more critical. The pools segregation was excellent - OUTDOORS=1 pool for men plus children only, 1 pool on roof for women and children only. INDOORS = as for OUTDOORS. The only complaint we had was that the outdoor pool temperature was too cold for most children on a couple of overcast days so people used the indoor pools (I guess this is expected for late October/November). The food was excellent and we had no upset tunnies etc. The animation staff were great (again though only Turkish was means of communication). Our daughters really loved the show they put on each evening. Our favourite part was the beach and we went there every day. It appears to be a semi-private beach and just 5 min walk from our hotel room. It is a basic beach and I say semi-private as there were some western ladies in bikinis who were not Bera residents.

In general, we really enjoyed the trip and will be recommending to other family members.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rizwan N

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Firstly great decor and spacious however don't be fooled check in time is 11am so if ure plane arrives during night or early morning there is no hospitality they asked me for 200 pounds for five hours! With wife, mother and two kids this was unacceptable we had to sleep in lobby for 5 hours when we checked in the family room only had double bed and two single beds they expected a child to sleep on a sofa but I had paid for 5 people. Then after contacting crescent tours rep we were upgraded to a great room but was inconvenienent. Food is plentiful and great for kids but money is king at this resort and excursion trip was terrible a market, a mosque and a polluted river. Much improvement needed and beach is terrible with rocks in sand. If u love food then bera is great if u want quality and standard go there not expecting it but demanding it after what u paid is only way. Plus point met great other British Muslims there all had bit of a difficult times too. Air conditioning is poor and I was told by staff the rain effected the whole system could say much more but space is limited and frustration is increasing!

Room Tip: Sea view room on 5th floor if ure lucky
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jahngir A
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I booked 1 weeks all inclusive for 11 people to stay in 3 rooms at the Bera Alanya through a company called Crescent Tours. I was promised by the sale person at Crescent Tours and the ultimate luxury.
The hotel itself is a nice building to look at but needs some renovation to bring it up to date. This hotel is NOT a 5 star it is 3 star UK/European standards.
1) The hotel check in initially they could not find the reservation but when pressed further they eventually found it.
2) None of the staff speak English, there are some bellboys and waiters who can speak a little English but the staff in reception and guest relations who really need to speak English are unable to communicate. So if you have a problems you will not be able to communicate in English.
3) One of the rooms had faulty air condition, faulty fan, the toilet was blocked and got flooded, phones don’t work and had no hot water. Once you complain to the hotel they are not in hurry to fix them and that is after you spend a while trying to make then understand what the problem is in the first place as they don’t speak English.
4) The hotel have no iron you have to bring your own or use their expensive laundry service.
5) The décor in the rooms is old and out dated, the bathrooms have dirt and lime scale around the sides. The toilets have a knob you turn to wash your bits after using the toilet this does not work in any of the 3 rooms as when you try to use it floods the bathroom.
6) Could not access the in room safe and had to ask technical services on numerous occasions they eventually came round and set the safe. This was the case in all 3 rooms.
7) There is only one restaurant in the hotel where they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant is rather like a school canteen and when it is feeding time it really is feeding time as you have to dodge, push, manoeuvre yourself to get to the food. Or you can simply stand in queue like us Brits and wait half hour before its your turn.
8) Breakfast is rather poor nothing is set up when it open, finally when it does open it gets very busy. There is not much choice for breakfast a lot of salads and cold food. You expect at fresh omelettes being made as in most 5 star hotels. You do get fried eggs and scrambled eggs.
9) Lunch and dinner is the same food every day only a very minor variation on some dishes. There is a large choice but you do get fed up with it as it is the same food.
10) This hotel has constant power cuts which are frustrating at least every couple of hours. This messes up the air con for those who have it and the WIFI.
11) Now the WIFI which is free all over the hotel does not work all the time out of the week I stayed there it only worked 2 days. Even then it was off and on. Worst and slowest WIFI connection you can find.
12) The steam room and sauna is suppose to be for adults only but you will find children all over the area with no staff stopping them.
13) The animation is poor as you cant understand them.
14) There are no English channels on the TV all Turkish for a major 5 star hotel you should at least get minimum CNN in this hotel you do get CNN but it is the Turkish version.
15) I booked my own private transfers from the hotel back to the airport and having a large family with children and luggage my transfer company where not allowed into the hotel grounds by security simply because I did not book the hotels own transfers. They wanted me to carry loads of luggage and drag children about 300 metres to the main road and meet my transfer there. It took me to be rather angry for eventually they let the driver in.
16) This hotels does not have its own beach there is a beach next to the hotel but it is a public one so you will get the people in bikinis etc.
17) This hotel claims to specialise in Islamic tourism, which is the main reason why I booked it. The only thing Islamic that there is a prayer area, the mens and womans pools are separate and the spa’s are separate. There is a ladies only lift. Also no alcohol is served.
18) In relation to the prayer area if you are over 6ft tall then forget about praying the unless you can crouch down, the whole level A the ceiling is so low your head touches the ceiling. When you pray and stand up you have to be careful as you will bang your head on the ceiling which I did several times. I am 6ft 2 and ended up with a sore neck. If the hotel are reading this whatever architect designed level A they need to get a refund. In the UK and Europe level A would never pass any health and safety regulations. I think level A needs to be renamed MIDGETS ONLY level.
Overall extremely disappointed with the standard of this hotel they money you pay it is well over priced the same money can be used for a better standard and service in a proper Islamic environment like Dubai and Saudi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank nad_00000
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Hi I stayed in this hotel between 21-28 August with my husband and our 2 young boys aged 2 + 5. We really enjoyed our stay in the hotel and can honestly say we had no complaints with cleanliness, service and facilities! Everything was exactly if not better than what is shown on their website. Go on the website and see the gallery pics the hotel looks exactly like that from the hotel rooms to the swimming pools, restaurant, cafe etc! We stayed in the standard room and it was more than enough for us even with our 2 boys running around, dont think you could find a bigger standard room!! The cleaning lady came round everyday without fail to change towels and sheets and so on.
The food was great better than what we expected and exactly to our taste (not for people who like spicy food!), more than enough choice eventho we did begin to get bored at the end of the week. Breakfast was well nice, pancakes delish! Also dont worry about your kids going hungry there's loads of pizzas, chips, pasta etc! Hotel is really clean and staff are always on hand if you need anything.
Right now for the only niggle, which doesn't take anything away from the hotel really but 95% of the guests and staff do not speak english and maybe a 1% chance of bumping into anyone else from the uk! So expect limited conversation with staff and other guests!! I suppose you have to accept this when going to a foreign country, but it would have been nicer if you knew what everyone around you was saying! Overall a really really good hotel/ resort would gladly reccommend!

• Stayed August 2012
8 Thank sham608
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We would try and come here again one day hopefully. perfect for muslims. Not too sure about the music we could hear but other than that fully inclusive, food was top, hear athan 5 times a day. rooms amazing. internet fast. they do amazaing bbq near poolside. they have a mosque in the hotel. separate poolside/escalators for women.

Room Tip: i booked direct.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank TravelPlannerGB
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Ok, let me start by saying that this hotel is for muslim, of course if you are not you can still go, but you will need to abide by the written and un-written muslim customs! Such as no over display of affection, pools and spa area are strictly separated for man and woman, and the beach can be used only by woman covered...BIG NO for bikini!
I would recommend to go there in family or couple and avoid going solo or with friends.

Also, if you want all the hotel staff to speak perfect english in order to serve you, do not go there...I am French, I speak english, and 50% of the staff or guest do not speak a word of english.
I was still able to enjoy my stay and take full benefit of all the hotel.

Let's start by the basics, the COMMON AREA:
I would personally rate bera as a 4 star based on international standard such as european ones. It is a very good resort, but it terms of basic amenities, look and feel I would rate it 4 star:
-The lobby is nice, not fancy such as a dubai hotel, or Adenya hotel (the other alanya muslim hotel, I made a review of it too) but it is ok.
-The swimming pool is amazingly big, even when crowded you have space to swim. There is also an indoor one that I never used.
-The beachfront is not really nice, it was a letdown, the path to reach the beach is not finished, not very clean either, the sand is not nice to walk on, but there is a platform above the water from which you can jump, sunbath...
-I never used the gym, but it was equipped correctly.
-There is pay activities such as bowling and small video game at the basement, never used it but was in good shape and not very expensive.
-there is a spa, a small supermarket, a hair cuter, a nurse if case of very small injury (don't expect a doctor...she barely have a bandage)
-The mosque: THE ARCHITECT SHOULD BE SENT TO JAIL!!!! The full floor of the mosque is only 1m80 high! It means when you are 1m90 like me then you will need to bend all over the way to the mosque and inside too!

LOCATION:
-one "lively street" is 50m away from hotel, you can buy fake stuff, eat, rent a car at sunset rent a car(easy going guy but could put more gas in their car when giving it!)...3min drive away there is a nice area with mosque, a small mall...about 15min drive the lively real Alanya center (some part of the center are not recommended for muslim family...)

FOOD:
-TIMING: You can forget about money, everything is free and you can eat at almost all time! Breakfast, late breakfast, lunch, late lunch, cookie time, dinner, supper...+ distribution of ice cream, watermelon, pizza, around the swimming pool...apart if you wish to eat at 2am you won't need to pay anything.

-QUALITY : The restaurant is fine, if you stay there less than 8-9 days I don't think you can get bored with the food even less if you like turkish food.
The buffet was delicious, it was difficult to choose as there is a lot of choice and almost everything is made to my taste.
The breakfast is great too, you can choose different kind of coffee, hot chocolate, the pancake with the liquid chocolate are amazing!!!
There is a terrace with swimming pool view, the waiter are really efficient and clean at light speed. The drinks could be better. Of course NO ALCOHOL!

ROOMS:
BIG!!! 46 sqm for the standard one, let me tell you that you can fit 2 additional bed and you still have space to walk around. Decent tv choice, big bathroom, nice balcony depending on the view you have, some are to the "city" some to the beach and some to land with partial see view.
The fridge has a first free fill, that is a nice gesture, then you can fill it with stuff you bought outside.
THE WIFI IS A BIG BIG BIG JOKE!!! That is the main black point of the hotel, the wifi is unpredictable, sometime it is working, sometime not, despite connecting with iphone, mac or iPad...it was never consistent even int he lobby!

AMBIANCE:
BIG THUMBS UP HERE...the crowd and the activities make it feel like a club med, it is very relaxed atmosphere, turkish people are lovely, between them and with foreigner, I had so much fun at the sport (volleyball, water polo...) with all the people from the teenager to the 60 years old father. That is what will make me go there again.

Overall, very good hotel, with some shortcoming (wifi, beach, mosque...), the crowd is very nice.
Compared to Adenya, i would say it is less luxury but more fun and family oriented because of the activity and the size of the room notably.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Nonoglobo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hi Im a Londoner from UK.
I visited this resort between 12th July-19th july with my sister and mother we had the all inclusive package. This resort is ideal for families and very very clean. The staff are friendly and always ready to help..well thats if they understand you! Most of them if not all the staff only speak Turkish so it was extremely hard communicating with them.

Food: is plentiful and lots of choice Can get boring. Drinks were constant and had snacks in between they definitely didn't let their guests go hungry.
The kitchen staff work extremley hard to ensure meals are always ready on time and you have everything you need once your seated.

Room Service: Could not understand us so didn't use them. There was an occasion when my mother was ill and they could not bring up what we requested and wouldn't allow us to bring food from the dinner hall to our room. So the situation was frustrating. When we tried to address it with management the man who was supposed to help listened to what i had to say and just walked off without an explanation or trying to resolve anything. Rude or what!!

Housekeeping: doesnt exist! They literally walk into your room dust off your sheets, make the bed then leave! We done most of the cleaning!

Tours: Our tour guide Firket was helpful but definitley out for his own interest and business (of course!) we missed one of the tours due to mum being ill we paid over 100 pound for the three of us and we didnt get a refund! Recommend the safari tour Dirmich made the tour an enjoyable and memorable experience... THANK YOU.

Pool: segregated for men and women. There are two pools on the roof for women both spacious. Security check your bags before your allowed to enter the pool area to ensure no one has cameras or anything with them which could be a concern for us hijabis!
The girls who work there make sure you have a good time and are kept happy organising different activities on a daily basis.
While you lay beside the pool soaking the sun the chefs are preparing a bbq for you and come round with ice cream for everyone. Food is nice and plentiful.

Overall this resort was nice not a 5 star more of a 3 star 4 if i'm feeling generous. The segregation is excellent. Although they couldn't understand us most of the time the staff were always prepared to help. The reception staff were lovely especially Metin who went out his way to find me a foreign plug!

oh and take your own iron cos the laundry service are a rip off!

Would i visit Bera again? Only to say hi to the reception staff. I booked with Crescent tours and would definitley use them again just a different resort.

Tana.. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tana R R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Konakli
Adenya Hotel
#1 of 14 in Turkler
Moonlight Hotel
Moonlight Hotel
#253 of 368 in Alanya

Been to Bera Hotel Alanya? Share your experiences!