“Can't fault the service”
Review of The Highway

The Highway
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Plympton
Cuisines: Pizza, Australian, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Bistro, overlooked by our open plan kitchen and outdoor al fresco area is an environment that mixes dark woods, stone, stainless steel and a vertical garden! An abundance of natural light through the day and candles and fireplace in the evening create a warm, vibrant dining space. We accredit our success to our ever-changing array of local food and beverage offerings. Chefs who strive to deliver a product that is locally sourced, innovative, has consistency and is seen as value for money. Our beverage list continually growing now has 80 international and local wines, 20 available by the glass! The beers and spirits on offer is also growing with fantastic samples from around of the globe. The HWY Bistro boasts a dedicated team who want you, our guest, to enjoy a relaxed, personable and memorable dining experience.
“Can't fault the service”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Decides to bring my wife here after my first visit in January for a bucks show. Again I was impressed. Great food and great service. Thank you.

• Visited June 2013
Twillyon, Public Relations Manager at The Highway, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your review and heading back in to see us, I've passed it on to our front of house team who are wrapped to hear it!

Cheers,
Tom

Aldinga Beach
“Great food, fine wine and a sensational atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Was taken out for birthday dinner at the Highway, I haven't been there in over a couple of years and was looking forward to it and I wasn't disappointed at all. The food was excellent, the wine could have had a larger selection of local wines but still was delightful and the atmosphere was great, I will be back, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Visited May 2013
Twillyon, Public Relations Manager at The Highway, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hi,

Happy Birthday and thanks for choosing The Highway to celebrate. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your meals and the atmosphere, I appreciate your feedback regarding the wine list. I have passed your comments on to Head Chef, Nick and Sommelier, James who are both wrapped with your review!

Cheers,
Tom
Cairns, Australia
“Seafood platter is the star!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Great value platter and perfect place for a drink or business lunch! Very Friendly staff! Used to go there regularly when I work nearby.

• Visited February 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
“good restaurant poor bar staff”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Well what can i say, excelent food, nice choice of beers and entertainment, and staff in the main pub very friendly and serve with a smile. i would have given a 5 star rating only for one small thing. As a visiting pomme who enjoys a drink and a small flutter on the horses/dogs i thought the Highway was the perfect place for me, until i tried to place a bet. the man in the T.A.B bar who i discovered was the manager (middle aged man who is not tall and wears glasses) made negative comments when i filled my slip out incorrectly, i actually thought i had misheard him and carried out my next bet, which again i had made a slight error due to the fact i had never used the system before, i asked him before submitting my slip was it ok, and he replied it aint rocket science mate carnt you see i am busy. i had family with me who got the same treatment off him, including my elderly dad. so what would have been a 4 or 5 star rating is only a 3 now and advise use the main bar only as it is very good, but dont go in the back bar unless you want offending

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New menu not as good”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

The old menu was much better. Good beer garden but wont be going here anymore for meals in the bistro. Had fish and chips wasn't as good as it used to be